Dunain House

Kingsmills

Well, now you can do it yourself, Charlie.

Get your little plastic bottle, put in a small dose of baking powder and salt (I mean SMALL otherwise you will be coughing and in pain for a day) screw on the plastic tube and rubber squirter, place into nostrils and squeeze. Clears yer head and sinuses very quickly--and any infections if you do it regularly every day. Then you can think clearly and continue to impress us with your eclectic, energising, electrifying, and high -faluting  excellent elocution..

Just kidding , teach.:lol:

Was in RNI in 1969 for tonsilectomy. Deemed too old at 12 for York ward so was in adult ENT. A whole week spent there bur ice cream was good.

That is a VERY similar experience to mine in 1964 when, at 11, I had to get my sinuses flushed out and also was in adult ENT. Even then, the ice cream was also good!

That might explain some of your rash posts in the Serious Discussion Thread Charles, I think they must have flushed out more than your sinuses :lol:

• Agree 1

Was in RNI in 1969 for tonsilectomy. Deemed too old at 12 for York ward so was in adult ENT. A whole week spent there bur ice cream was good.

That is a VERY similar experience to mine in 1964 when, at 11, I had to get my sinuses flushed out and also was in adult ENT. Even then, the ice cream was also good!

That might explain some of your rash posts in the Serious Discussion Thread Charles, I think they must have flushed out more than your sinuses :lol:

No, it was ENT I was in - not dermatology.

ENT in '51 tonsils, ice cream eh?  buggers gave me cornflakes with very little milk. 

When I came round from the op.the Surgeon was there with some young trainees and I heard him say " you will notice that in this throat I had to remove the uvula as well as the tonsils and gave a technical reason why...............An aside from one of the young trainees to a companion was "he means he was drunk again and his knife slipped"

I often wondered what the truth was :blink:

P. S. IBM  the last word in your post???       is that sinuses or senses ?

Edited by bughtmaster
add on

ENT in '51 tonsils, ice cream eh?  buggers gave me cornflakes with very little milk. 

When I came round from the op.the Surgeon was there with some young trainees and I heard him say " you will notice that in this throat I had to remove the uvula as well as the tonsils and gave a technical reason why...............An aside from one of the young trainees to a companion was "he means he was drunk again and his knife slipped"

I often wondered what the truth was :blink:

P. S. IBM  the last word in your post???       is that sinuses or senses ?

You get my drift bughtmaster :wink: I had to settle for an ice cream now and again from the shops but after reading the above posts I am glad!

That's certainly where I was to get that procedure done. It was July because I remember watching the pipe band marching up the river to the Highland Games.

Speaking of pipe bands reminds me of a story about my daughter when she was 6 or 7 years old.  We were in Inverness visiting my old Mum and were standing near the suspension bridge watching pipe bands marching to  the world championships in the Northern Meeting Park.  One of them was the Vancouver Girls' Pipe Band.  As we had only recently come back from a holiday in Canada, we pointed this band out to our daughter, reminding her that we'd recently been there. She came up with the immortal line ....

"Have they walked the whole way?"

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"The Mast" at the top of Craig Dunain. I believe the first parts of it went into place in the early 80s. The car looks perhaps 50s-ish (IBM?) so when thew photo was taken, Willie Logan's plane possibly hadn't by then crashed into the Craig.

On the other hand IHE may mean spires on the Cathedral which I believe were left off for cost reasons. Note the air raid siren on the left hand tower. I rthink these were left in place post-war in case there was a danger of us getting nuked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...