Low crowd today

tm4tj

After 45 minutes??! If we were playing like that week after week then fair enough, but we're 3rd in the table and playing a brand of football that fans have been wanting to see for years. For a club like ours that is fantastic.

Booing the players, many of whom could've jumped ship but have instead stayed loyal to us, after an abject 45 mins is pathetic. If that's the mentality these people have then maybe they'd be better suited supporting one of the OF.

Edited by CaleyThistle
  • Agree 1

After 45 minutes?  Absolutely.  Putting ourselves under pressure, playing horrible lifeless football, yet a style we've waited for for years!  :laugh:

The fact we're third and playing in a match against our closest rivals and a bottom of the league actually makes it even worse!  The fans who booed were absolutely right to show their frustration after watching 45 minutes of that garbage and thankfully the players and coaches got the message.  

Maybe these happy clappers who think that we should have given them a rapturous applause and skipped around merrily at half time, while thinking that those who were rightly frustrated should go and watch the Old Firm, should ask themselves whether or not football is for them.  Maybe they'd be more suited to watching Cbeebies. 

Edited by Renegade

The boos were not aimed at the players but in the tactics. There were boos before half time when we got a free kick on the halfway line and the ball ended up with Brill. Their goal started from our free kick that went back to our defence and we messed it up. Don't mistake frustration with players with frustration with tactics.

I have to admit that this is 'a bit rich' coming from me - as I wasn't at the game today, but the downward trend in attendances IS alarming.

If this was business, which, I guess it is(!), and these were annual profit results, alarm bells would/should be ringing. It's literally gone 6,5,4...3...

To add to my previous post:

(Oct '12)  6,800 

(Mar '13) 5,800

(Jan '14) 4,300

(Oct '14) 3,700

This the 11th (?) Highland Derby in around two years. I completely disagree with an earlier comment about the novelty factor not being an issue. I think it's one of the major reasons that the crowds have fallen away so dramatically. Eleven games in two years against your biggest rivals is beyond saturation point for a lot of fans who may have an interest in attending these matches - they've become too common for most to be able to sustain their interest in them.

• Agree 1

It's not just the C*unty games that are too many it's the whole set up of the Scottish game and as I said on an earlier post the clubs and the SPFL have to make changes and increase division sizes. We played Divedee Utd 6 times last season and C*unty 6 times the season before. Wake up and smell the coffee. The fans are bored and no matter how well we or any other team are doing people have voted with their feet.

• Agree 2

Can we have a permanent league where we go to Dumfries, Ayr, Killie, Midden, Peterhead, Brechin, Fleetwood, Aldershot, Bath City and Chorley ?

You've missed out Stranraer, Forfar and Hearts.

It shouldn't be about novelty these games are where the passion should be most intense, and yes Scottish football is stale with the number of games vs the same teams over and over again. But the Derby should be the one to buck the trend as it is more than just playing a normal average lower half team it is about local pride and when we were in the lower leagues the attendances never got this low. I can understand we have a core support and at this moment we are struggling to break this ceiling and boost our home numbers but we just have to get on with it. But county there is no excuse for me. We both have small away supports due to the massive amounts of travelling that supporters have to do. This is one game where county could at least fill most of that stand, a lot live in Inverness anyway. When we go to Dingwall we take at 3/4 of that stand so I find it disgraceful they cant muster more to our place.       

The county fans have deserted their own ground Im not surprised so few turned up.

For one so incredibly keen on adding numbers to our gates, I'm surprised to see you resort to the 'yes it's crap...but it's better than County' dialogue.

For the record, they are getting bigger attendances than us. They averaged higher than us last season and are doing it again. Couldn't believe a post I read on a thread the other day - a fan was mocking the jail-end for being 'half-empty' against Dundee. Considering County had a bigger attendance at that game than our corresponding game v. Dundee a few weeks earlier, heaven knows what our stands looked like!

I don't think we should be throwing stones in our glass house!

Wasn't at the game but booing your own team (regardless if it's 'aimed' at the tactics) which is certainly not how the players would hear it, is a nonsensical and utterly self-defeating. Pathetic support from the wee team by the looks of the pics I've seen, OTB some have said they don't want to give us the money, absolutely ridiculous attitude.

I doubt many clapped them off at half time. Deserved displeasure for a rubbish performance in my opinion. Cheer them off and we would have got more of the same. No point going on about the away support when the home support was around 3000.

It's the state of the game I'm afraid.

• Agree 1

Looks like "the rumour" about C*unty fans boycotting the match rather than give ICT money was true. What a pathetic small minded group of people (and I cleaned that up) they are. I understand boycotts of the Old Firm because of vile fans and obstructed view reasons but boycotting local rivals so not to give them money is truly pathetic. Not even Dundee fans are this shallow. Hope they get relegated and boycott games at Elgin in the next couple of years.

• Agree 5

After 45 minutes? Absolutely. Putting ourselves under pressure, playing horrible lifeless football, yet a style we've waited for for years! :laugh:

The fact we're third and playing in a match against our closest rivals and a bottom of the league actually makes it even worse! The fans who booed were absolutely right to show their frustration after watching 45 minutes of that garbage and thankfully the players and coaches got the message.

Maybe these happy clappers who think that we should have given them a rapturous applause and skipped around merrily at half time, while thinking that those who were rightly frustrated should go and watch the Old Firm, should ask themselves whether or not football is for them. Maybe they'd be more suited to watching Cbeebies.

I'm not a happy clapper. When did I suggest we should've applauded them off? After that first half showing, I certainly wasn't going to be applauding them off.

At the risk of sounding like Yogi, we've got a good, honest group of professionals and they themselves know that first half showing wasn't good enough. Do you honestly think they need a chorus of boos to tell them that? Booing them off the park can't do their confidence any good and I personally can't see what can be gained from it?

Edited by CaleyThistle
  • Agree 2

I doubt many clapped them off at half time. Deserved displeasure for a rubbish performance in my opinion. Cheer them off and we would have got more of the same. No point going on about the away support when the home support was around 3000.

It's the state of the game I'm afraid.

There's a medium between booing and clapping. No harm in mentioning the pish away support for a change, we go on about our pish home support an a weekly basis.

• Agree 1

Whichever way you look at this, it is REALLY concerning and unsustainable. Many of us have been over this many times. We know it's not the quality of the football or league position (in our case) and it's not only us (I suspect every team excep newly propmoted ones and possibly Aberdeen are suffering. I don't think it's the absence of Hearts Rangers and Hibs either - if anything that makes the league more competitive and potentially exciting. I'm not sure we can even point the finger at cost because the promotions put forward by the club have made no impact. For me, the whole thing needs a shake down - bigger league, so you don't play everybody 3-6 times a season (with cups), no mid-week games and summer football to take away the competition of Premier League and Champions League football. Also the matchday experience has to be looked at and the stadium...but that all costs cash. Surely all the chairmen are suffering and should get together...

• Agree 1

Whichever way you look at it, 3700 for a highland derby match is digraceful! Thats the sort of crowd we should at least be getting for a game against St Mirren, Hamilton etc. I agree with PerfICT, the league stucture needs to change so teams are not playing each other 4 times a season - it gets boring. Scotland is not a big enough country to have 4 leagues. I think the SPL needs 18 teams so you only play each other twice. The palyoff system is a good start but more needs to be done to stop the monotomy 

The county fans have deserted their own ground Im not surprised so few turned up.

For one so incredibly keen on adding numbers to our gates, I'm surprised to see you resort to the 'yes it's crap...but it's better than County' dialogue.

For the record, they are getting bigger attendances than us. They averaged higher than us last season and are doing it again. Couldn't believe a post I read on a thread the other day - a fan was mocking the jail-end for being 'half-empty' against Dundee. Considering County had a bigger attendance at that game than our corresponding game v. Dundee a few weeks earlier, heaven knows what our stands looked like!

I don't think we should be throwing stones in our glass house!

Not mocking 12th man just stating a fact. I do think it is a shame even for County, the Jail end used to be bouncing!

• Agree 1

If County had taken say 1500 I doubt we'd be complaining about the crowd tbh. Our home support held up at its usual amount but admittedly could be better. Don't think the kick off time helped. Sunday lunchtime games just don't do well in the Highlands it seems!

If we could somehow loan in Chelsea's physio, I'd be there every week along with thousands more.

What's that you say, a groin strain?

attachicon.gif1014070_648029565342579_4748205884818611032_n.jpg

She's very nice and speaks almost impeccable English. I worked a few night-shifts with her at Raigmore a few years ago. Not claiming to know her but got quite a surprise when I saw that photo. Good for her. Can't remember her name  - it was something like Ita or Iva.

• Agree 1