Aberdeen -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Thought we done well today and scored two decent goals again but as already said two invidiual errors costed us the game. I have to admit with the passing the ball at the back too much but only when we were chasing the game, it's fine when we are cruising. Felt we needed a bit more urgency to go forward but it wasn't there in the last 10/15 mins.

Another game with Aberdeen goes by and they were there for the taking.

Edited by ICTRoughi

We were by far the better team today, and bossed the majority of the game with our 'passing' style.

I understand the need for getting something out the game late on, but do we really expect to alter something that served us so well for the previous 85(or so) minutes, and to start lumping it forward?

I share the frustration of the backward passing late on, but we played very well today, and had we not given two cheap goals away, we would have been celebrating a deserved victory.

In short, if we play like we did today, we will win far more games than we will lose.

Disappointed with some booing at ' laboured' build up later on, performance deserved better IMO.

• Agree 2

Sounds like a good game today: End result didn't go for us, but fine margins decide close games. I liked JH's after-game comments. He refused blame any individuals for mistakes, trying to keep them brave on the ball. Disappointing to lose, but nothing to be ashamed of and we need to take positives into derby next week. Truth is, we could deprive County of any possession and simply play them off the park. Stick with the programme until further notice!

We were by far the better team today, and bossed the majority of the game with our 'passing' style.

I understand the need for getting something out the game late on, but do we really expect to alter something that served us so well for the previous 85(or so) minutes, and to start lumping it forward?

I share the frustration of the backward passing late on, but we played very well today, and had we not given two cheap goals away, we would have been celebrating a deserved victory.

In short, if we play like we did today, we will win far more games than we will lose.

Disappointed with some booing at ' laboured' build up later on, performance deserved better IMO.

You say that if we had won "it would have been deserved win", well words on Tyrone Smith Twitter at full time was "Aberdeen claim a deserved victory", is he talking crap or would you agree with Mr Smith?

I don't understand what you say roarer, I never saw game, I was just stating what Mr Smith wrote on Twitter at full time and was simply asking if Mr Smith was right, especially now that poster I quoted is saying that had we won, it would have been deserved.

FWIW, I do agree with the quoted poster when he says "we will win more than we lose if we play like this every week".

You say that if we had won "it would have been deserved win", well words on Tyrone Smith Twitter at full time was "Aberdeen claim a deserved victory", is he talking crap or would you agree with Mr Smith?

The only thing Aberdeen done well with yesterday was capitalise on two mistakes by Warren and Draper. Bronzer is correct, if we didn't make them costly errors then the end result would have been a lot rosier for us.

From reading the various reports and comments on here about the game, it sounds like our 'tippy tappy' style of play let us down a couple of

times yesterday. This is always going to be on the cards, especially when we fiddle about at the back instead of making more positive

clearances. But it seems that Yogi is dead set on us continuing the 'possession' style of football, so we will just have to live with the

occasional costly error.

I only hope it doesn't dent our confidence too much before the derby match next week, especially as County got a confidence boost yesterday

with their first league win.

I did think we were the better side yesterday, but the frustrating thing for me is the silly passes and mistakes in our own final third. Yes there is a time for building from the back but and people may disagree with me, there is also a time to put your foot through the ball and clear the danger something which seems to have been completely banned for our back four of late. Teams are starting to press us really high up the pitch and sometimes the 5 yard pass in not the best option.

I'd rather believe our fans who were at the game than a certain Dons supporting journalist! You?

I thought there were a lot of positives from yesterday.  Yes, we gifted them a couple of goals - but none of us can have a go at our defence, which has been immense this season, setting a club record.  Warren, Meekings and Draper have all been superb.  We looked sharp going forward, but I was bemused by the tactics to go more narrow in the last 15 minutes.  A couple of well-taken goals for us, and on another day we could have won this.  I reckon a draw would have been a fair result.  

• Agree 2

2 of the cheapest goals Ive ever seen us concede in a game of football and the one wedged between was just schoolboy defending for Logans, though his finish for a right back was exceptional. 

It was frustrating to watch because we have gone to Pittodrie and scored 2 very well taken goals and aside from the ridiculous individual errors have actually played reasonably well and usually away from home 2 goals are enough to see us through, would have been 3 when Warrens header cannoned off the post, he was very unlucky.

Our ability in final third was questionable at times. Watkins and Doran seemed to want too much time on the ball and Billy was starved of service yet again as a result.

Aberdeen themselves were no great shakes but its a win they didnt have to work very hard for. Best player for them was Hayes by a mile. Touch, trickery and pace were there for all to see and he put it to full use, we couldnt get near him at times. 

3 away defeats is a stat that will need improving on though hopefully home comforts will see us pick up a win in the derby next week. No doubt our neighbours over the bridge will be full of confidence after their late winner. 

Edited by AJS

Hey - Tinkerville and Stain Midden up next followed by the Arabs at the TCS - would I be wrong at not expecting at least 7 points from that so it could look a lot better at the end of October.

I think 7 points, would be a great return from these 3 games. It is just 3 fixtures for us in October - there's another international break after the County game!

From reading the various reports and comments on here about the game, it sounds like our 'tippy tappy' style of play let us down a couple of

times yesterday. This is always going to be on the cards, especially when we fiddle about at the back instead of making more positive

clearances. But it seems that Yogi is dead set on us continuing the 'possession' style of football, so we will just have to live with the

occasional costly error.

I only hope it doesn't dent our confidence too much before the derby match next week, especially as County got a confidence boost yesterday

with their first league win.

I've just watched the highlights....seemed quite an even game which defensive lapses cost us, that said.. is Hayes one of the fastest guys in the SPL? He set off on a few runs that no one seemed to be able to stop. Interesting to see Goodwillie having a half decent game for the Dons, he had the briefest of spells at Palace a couple of seasons ago, where he looked slow and cumbersome (although what can you tell from one game!)

Not too worried about the County game...Doran, Watkins and Christie are in good form, and Billy is due a goal, being the slight superstitious guy I am (football wise) if County hadn't won at the weekend they probably would against us!

SPL this year looking so interesting with Dundee Utd and the Accies doing well..... not a 'shoe in'  for Celtic this year?