Aberdeen -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

I have only just seen the highlights so between them and the MFR commentary I would have said we were the better team again.

Unlucky with two of the goals against but regardless of our style of football, some which some call tippy tappy  they could have happened to any side. Garry's pass back was especially unfortunate, complete misjudgement by him but surely it was just that, a mistake that he almost redeemed himself for shortly afterwards. Other than that he had a really good game as did the rest of the defence.

Another all round good performance from, as to use Yogis words, a Team with a much lower budget. Personally I am very proud of what our Team is doing and the way they are doing it.

No team can now judge where the goals are going to come from, Marley, Aaron and Greg are our main goalmakers but the goals are being scored from all other sources. I expect even Billy to make his mark again soon at the moment he seems to be just diverting attention and letting the others play his role.

The Derby match is going to be a cracker, in fact all three coming up will be well worth going to watch and yes seven points from them will be most welcome.

• Agree 2

Decent enough perfornce unlucky not to salvage a point thought Nick Ross could have done better with his effort at the end.

Still think we play to narrow, trying to play through the middle we need a bit of variation, Aberdeen were happy to stand off us and watch us pass it about side to side.

Thought Shinnie was excellent as usual, would really like to see him pushed further forward as his directness is something we should look to utilize more as an attacking option.

• Agree 1

Just my quick overview on the game.

I do feel the team is playing a style that could prove successful although more longer balls were introduced in this game.

Brill kicked long in most cases and this created a problem for us on at least two occasions, as the ball was immediately returned into our goal mouth with the defence being put under unnecessary pressure.

I would offer the opinion that the main problem, and there is a few, lies with the forward players not running off their men, playing a narrow formation, and therefore offering no out ball to the defenders.

This was evident on a number of occasions when our defenders were being put under a bit of pressure by our fans as they 'tip/tapped' to each other but had no option other than to hoof a ball upfield and this would have resulted, perhaps, in Logan again running at them - not a pleasant prospect for our back four!

On reflection not a bad days work for the team but the result could have been so different.

Stop

Passing

The

Fecking

Ball

Back!

And how would this have prevented the two goals down to defensive errors today??

Had Warren not attempted a cushion headed backpass, the first goal could have been avoided.

Or the third goal.

Stop

Passing

The

Fecking

Ball

Back!

And how would this have prevented the two goals down to defensive errors today??

Had Warren not attempted a cushion headed backpass, the first goal could have been avoided.

Or the third goal.

Not sure about the third goal. On the radio they were saying that it was a backpass, but watching the highlights it looked like Draper mis-controlled it rather than tried to pass back. 

Stop

Passing

The

Fecking

Ball

Back!

Without doubt Warren was trying to head the ball back but got it wrong. How that can be used as an example of passing the ball within our defence and causing errors as in stop passing the ball back, I simply do not know. That is what I was trying to say.

Why do we have to have a negative post-mortem after every game?

Yes mistakes were made - including Josh's misdirected header of the Aberdeen punt up the park which led to Gary's mistake at the first goal - but from where I was sitting, the performance overall was reasonable, from a neutral point of view the game would have been a good advert for Scottish football - 2 teams having a right go at each other, end to end attacking, goalmouth incidents, dodgy tackles, etc.

We lost the game but I have written that off and am looking forward to the next 3 games.

My judgement of progress will be made after the Dundee United game when we have completed the full round of SPFL games.

Stop

Passing

The

Fecking

Ball

Back!

Without doubt Warren was trying to head the ball back but got it wrong. How that can be used as an example of passing the ball within our defence and causing errors as in stop passing the ball back, I simply do not know. That is what I was trying to say.

Stop

Passing

The

Fecking

Ball

Back!

He tried to pass the ball back using his head. He wasn't looking where he was passing, and he was moving the ball towards his own goal. The prudent thing in this instance would have been to have cleared the ball upfield with his head. I am not saying that we should never pass the ball back. However given the number of goals we have conceded by either putting Brill under pressure with a backpass, or by giving the ball to an opponent by mis-execution, I don't think that it should alawys be the default position.