Saint Mirren v Caley Thistle 18/10/2014

RiG

Just a couple of days to go before this game and no thread? Is interest in ICT really that low at the minute?

Can't say I'm expecting too many changes from the starting XI of the last few weeks:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Watkins Christie Doran

Mckay

In the league we have won 8 of the 21 matches between the sides in Paisley. Saints have only won five of those matches. The rest, shockingly, were draws. Last season we only travelled there once IIRC and were hammered for most of the first half and were lucky not to be behind at half time as the Buddies looked very impressive that day despite their recent poor form. Now we go into the game in much the same situation - we've been on a decent run of form whilst Saint Mirren have largely struggled especially at home where they have not gained a single point from their first four games with perhaps too much reliance placed on the form of Steven Thompson who has missed all, or at least a fair chunk, of this season through injury. However recent results have been better defeating Saint Johnstone in Perth and rallying from two goals down to draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Some signs that they might be starting to click so we can't take anything for granted here.

I'll be there - anyone else?

The international break really seems to kill the domestic scene, I guess we run out of stuff to discuss come the weekend off which means by the following week interest seems to be slow to build....even down here interest in the EPL etc only seems to take off Friday night before resumption....although plenty of talk about the 'price of football' although not seem to much analysis at SPL level

Back to this Saturday...I suspect RiG is correct on the line up, although if we go behind be interesting to see if our new signing gets thrown on for the last 15mins.....Vincent doesn't seem close to being match fit as yet....I would like him firing on all cylinders to see him operating next to Tansey

Will be keeping an eye on the Accies v Aberdeen, wonder if their momentum will be maintained.....now: do we want Ross County to take anything off Celtic?

We must play like we did in the second half of the Ross County game - not the first! With that I think we should have the same formation that we had in the second half of that game too. 

My team: 4-4-1-1

Brill 

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie 

Doran Draper Tansey Christie

Watkins

Mckay 

I wouldn't put Sekajja on straight away unless if he's fit enough and raring to go then I would swap Christie for Sekajja and then put Watkins back on the wing with Sekajja and Mckay up front (4-4-2)

Certainly wouldn't be swapping Christie for Sekajja whether he is fit and raring to go or not. Christie, along with Watkins, were the main reasons we got such a positive 2nd half display against Ross Co and both certainly deserve to start on Saturday. If anything I would hope that Yogi might go with one 'sitting' midfielder and not two.

Brill

Raven/Draper/Meekings/Shinnie

Tansey

Watkins/Williams/Christie/Doran

McKay.

Draper has certainly not been at his best in the last two matches and Williams might offer more flexibility although I also feel that Aaron Doran also needs to contribute more than he has in the last two matches.

Certainly wouldn't be swapping Christie for Sekajja whether he is fit and raring to go or not. Christie, along with Watkins, were the main reasons we got such a positive 2nd half display against Ross Co and both certainly deserve to start on Saturday. If anything I would hope that Yogi might go with one 'sitting' midfielder and not two.

Brill

Raven/Draper/Meekings/Shinnie

Tansey

Watkins/Williams/Christie/Doran

McKay.

Draper has certainly not been at his best in the last two matches and Williams might offer more flexibility although I also feel that Aaron Doran also needs to contribute more than he has in the last two matches.

Well I certainly wouldn't drop neither Draper nor Tansey and sticking Christie deeper. Mckay up front on his own isn't working and the second half of the Ross County game is evident that two up front is more effective than just one. Granted Christie is a decent prospect from Inverness etc but For the sake of the team, I would rather play Sekajja and Mckay and then bring on Christie for half an hour if we choose to play one up front at that point of the game.

I don't agree with you regarding Aaron Doran, I thought Yogi was wrong to take him off in the Derby when he did.

• Agree 1

Do St Mirren normally offer student prices in the Home end but not the Away ? Seems a tad unbalalanced no ?  :blink:

A wee link for anyone wondering http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=37188

They offer student prices in the away end too, the cheapest away day ticket for me. Unless they've changed it for this season  :ohmy:

Edited by Iain

"Games against St Mirren generate memories of Ross Tokely getting pelters from a clamorous Buddies support, Gary Warren being awarded the Nobel Peace prize for correcting a referee’s decision to caution Steven Thompson"

Preview by RossP :smile:

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/previews-2014-15/st-mirren-v-inverness-ct-spfl-r1192 :clapoverhead:

"Games against St Mirren generate memories of Ross Tokely getting pelters from a clamorous Buddies support, Gary Warren being awarded the Nobel Peace prize for correcting a referee’s decision to caution Steven Thompson"

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/previews-2014-15/st-mirren-v-inverness-ct-spfl-r1192 :clapoverhead:

Good preview - but no mention of Gollum as ref, who is our most dangerous opponent  :redcard:

Out of interest, do the club not do pre-match interviews with players & staff anymore?

Does not seem to be as many coming through this season. I upload them when they are available onto the previews and reports.

Check the ICT youtube page and the SPFL one as well, but nothing on there as I type.

Good preview - but no mention of Gollum as ref, who is our most dangerous opponent  :redcard:

You were right there Macduffer!