ST Holder Offer : Friends for a Fiver

CaleyD

I know ICT are pretty much on the ball and have probably got this one under their hat anyway. With so many free tickets going out to youngsters it would be good to have a bring a parent for a fiver match and email all youngsters who have previously attended. It keeps youngsters in touch with the club and also recruits new potential fans.

Season Ticket holders can bring a friend to this weekends match v Dundee Utd for just £5.

Tickets must be purchased in advance.....for more info go to http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1388-friends-for-a-fiver

attachicon.giffriends_for_a_fiver_002.jpg

Morning, I am visiting Inverness this weekend, would love to 'befriend' a season ticket holder and catch the game for a fiver! :)

Technically speaking, holding a season ticket, also 'does the club out of revenue'!

It irritates the heck out of me that season ticket holders seem to adopt a moral high-ground. as if having one demonstrates some sort of 'extra' affiliation to the club!

I pay full fare when I go, and over a season it translates to more than season ticket holders pay. More fool me, obviously - but I do it because I love the club.

It's reminiscent of disgruntled customers approaching me, in my former work, with an opening salvo of "I'm a shareholder here so..." or in my current employment with " I pay your wages, so..."

Being a season-ticket holder doesn't make you special, and insulting those who aren't as "fans" is just daft - every body we can get inside the stadium helps!

Our recent return of a five-figure sum as profit could easily be six-figures.

We lost 500 fans per game last season x 19 = 9,500 spectators. Multiply that by just £20 each = £190,000!!

It's significant! I really take issue, DALNEIGHCALEY, at your suggestion that this could lose us money!

Nobody going is suddenly now not going to bother! - it's all extra money in the till - albeit a small amount - and maybe a few extra fans! I think it's a good initiative by ICT, even if it sticks in the craw of some season ticket holders!

• Agree 3

I think the point DC is making is that some/many of the people who will be getting in for a fiver would, without the promo, have been going to the game anyway and paying full price. So whilst the crowd should go up a bit as a result of the offer, overall takings might actually be lower. 

For the offer to pay for itself and generate the same gate receipts, you roughly need 75% of the uptake to be people who wouldn't otherwise be going to the game (ie 3 new people paying £5 each is what you need to offset 1 regular attendee getting in for £15 less than usual).

• Agree 1

At the end of the day, it falls to the Season Ticket holders. If they allow the offer to be abused, then it could well come back to bite them in the butt as the easiest place to recoup the lost income is to stick it on the price of the Season Tickets somewhere down the road.

A simple case of cause and effect.

• Agree 1

Technically speaking, holding a season ticket, also 'does the club out of revenue'!

It irritates the heck out of me that season ticket holders seem to adopt a moral high-ground. as if having one demonstrates some sort of 'extra' affiliation to the club!

I pay full fare when I go, and over a season it translates to more than season ticket holders pay. More fool me, obviously - but I do it because I love the club.

It's reminiscent of disgruntled customers approaching me, in my former work, with an opening salvo of "I'm a shareholder here so..." or in my current employment with " I pay your wages, so..."

Being a season-ticket holder doesn't make you special, and insulting those who aren't as "fans" is just daft - every body we can get inside the stadium helps!

We lost 500 fans per game last season x 19 = 9,500 spectators. Multiply that by just £20 each = £190,000!!

It's significant! I really take issue, DALNEIGHCALEY, at your suggestion that this could lose us money!

Nobody going is suddenly now not going to bother! - it's all extra money in the till - albeit a small amount - and maybe a few extra fans! I think it's a good initiative by ICT, even if it sticks in the craw of some season ticket holders!

^^^^^ Totally agree

A great initiative and I have used my season ticket to get a friend a ticket for a fiver.

However, I do think it is a strange game to choose, 2nd v 3rd at 3pm on a Saturday where I'd expect a reasonable crowd and away support. Also no TV cameras, so fans don't have the option to watch it at home.

It may be worth considering an offer for future Televised games. I know plenty of occasional fans who are happy to watch on TV rather pay £20+ for a ticket. A five pound ticket could make a difference for these games.

Personally I would have chosen the Hamilton game in 3 weeks time where there will be at best a couple of hundred away fans and we will be lucky to get 3000 home fans. (I know Hamilton are top before someone tells me that this game may be 1st v 2nd :smile: ).

I pay full fare when I go, and over a season it translates to more than season ticket holders pay. More fool me, obviously - but I do it because I love the club.

Being a season-ticket holder doesn't make you special, and insulting those who aren't as "fans" is just daft - every body we can get inside the stadium helps!

Nobody going is suddenly now not going to bother! - it's all extra money in the till - albeit a small amount - and maybe a few extra fans! I think it's a good initiative by ICT, even if it sticks in the craw of some season ticket holders!

Not sure that buying a season ticket does actually cost the club revenue. Yes it is cheaper than pay at the gate over the season but you are provding substantial amounts of income to the club at a time when they have little revenue coming in and they also know that they have a set level of income before the season starts.

To me, everyone who attends is a fan whether they are a season ticket holder or not and I for one do not see myself as spuerior because i have a season ticket. It is very sad if fans are following this route of I'm better than you because (fill in whether season ticket holder or pay at the gate).

If Noel can't make it then Don't look back in anger Dave

he wont mind

As long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine.

Even if he cant make it im sure their friendship will Live Forever 

And who is going to help Jonathon then --instead of moaning on here about who is what and why? He comes from Essex and that's a long way away isn't it?

Let's face it, every fan who comes into the stadium is a plus and improves the atmosphere.

The goal is to get folks into the stadium and not who is better than another. Even if they don't pay full price this is only a one-off probably, so why get so  upset?

The club is trying hard and we surely have to applaud the effort and  not get into negativity again . :notworthy: