ST Holder Offer : Friends for a Fiver

CaleyD

A great initiative and I have used my season ticket to get a friend a ticket for a fiver.

However, I do think it is a strange game to choose, 2nd v 3rd at 3pm on a Saturday where I'd expect a reasonable crowd and away support. Also no TV cameras, so fans don't have the option to watch it at home.

It may be worth considering an offer for future Televised games. I know plenty of occasional fans who are happy to watch on TV rather pay £20+ for a ticket. A five pound ticket could make a difference for these games.

Personally I would have chosen the Hamilton game in 3 weeks time where there will be at best a couple of hundred away fans and we will be lucky to get 3000 home fans. (I know Hamilton are top before someone tells me that this game may be 1st v 2nd :smile: ).

Now I think that is an excellent idea - one, it adds money to our coffers, two, it adds atmosphere to the game so making it better for viewers and three, it makes those who are watching it on TV wish they were there! 

A great initiative and I have used my season ticket to get a friend a ticket for a fiver.

However, I do think it is a strange game to choose, 2nd v 3rd at 3pm on a Saturday where I'd expect a reasonable crowd and away support. Also no TV cameras, so fans don't have the option to watch it at home.

It may be worth considering an offer for future Televised games. I know plenty of occasional fans who are happy to watch on TV rather pay £20+ for a ticket. A five pound ticket could make a difference for these games.

Personally I would have chosen the Hamilton game in 3 weeks time where there will be at best a couple of hundred away fans and we will be lucky to get 3000 home fans. (I know Hamilton are top before someone tells me that this game may be 1st v 2nd :smile: ).

Maybe not so strange. It could well be that the Hamilton initiative is a much better proposition. All those parents out there who'd like to go but couldn't afford to take the child can now get free U-16's and there should be plenty adults that could take the extra U-16 in so maybe this top of the table incentive will make a better pay off.

The club appreciate all feedback and I know that they are looking at a series of different incentives over the next couple of months.  From there they will look at those which have worked (for both fans and club) and look to make adjustment where necessary....not just in terms of offers, but potentially at ticket policy in general going forward.

The "Friends for a Fiver" offer realised the targets set for it by the club...and whilst I wouldn't expect it to be one of those things that becomes a permanent deal, it's entirely feasible that it will be repeated and I have suggested that it's maybe something that can be added to season ticket books next season.....a couple of vouchers in the book that can be used to bring a friend for £5 to any match type thing.

As fans, we have our part to play in this by spreading the word and making sure offers/incentives etc are used responsibly.  If you're on Facebook/Twitter (and we're working on video ads for YouTube) then taking 2 seconds to share the info can go a long way towards helping....liking is great, but a share is infinitely more valuable when it comes to getting the info in front of as many people as possible.  We're also going to be making all future match posters available (sooner) and to download, so if you are in a position to print one and stick it up at work, school, college, social club, local shop, pub or whatever, then that would also be a great help.

• Agree 2