Cellic Away

We really should not be scared of this as Cellic are dodgy at home if they do not score early doors. But Yogi has got the tactics ALL wrong on the last couple of visits. Butcher got it feckin right fer once. Play in the same manner as we did at Midden please.

But more importantly - Who is going and where is the pre match watering hole ?

• Agree 1

Totally agree with you IHE - give them too much respect and we will suffer for it like we did with their city rivals. We should use Hamilton's approach and have a right good go at them and we should get the three points. 

Who is going and where is the pre match watering hole ?

Post-Midden, the chat with Red card et al was about going to West on Glasgow Green, just off London Road. If I was you, I'd head there. It's not as if I've ever given you bad pre-match venue advice before...   :hiding: 

With celtic playing thursday just past, tomorrow, wednesday then us on saturday. 4 games in ten days for celtic

Followed by a flight to Romania for a euro match on Thursday then the Dons on Sunday

Will you be bringing your two big flags down to the game???

What would be your team to play Celtic.

I reckon Christie would need to come back in but who from today would be dropped to allow him in?

Having watched Europa midweek match this Celtic team are very poor but may have missed Commons and Guidetti.

Defensively, they were not to solid, Gordon kept them in it first half and Scepovic was woeful, chances he missed were unreal and some on this board criticise McKay for missing, I can bet that none were as bad as Scepovic missed!

So, having watched Celtic, I too am all for ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK! Slightly different game if Commons and/or Guidetti play but it doesn't change my approach.

Would take a draw but reckon we can and quite possibly WILL win.

:ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

I'd be inclined to keep the same side as played today.  Vincent played well and he may give us a bit more solidity in the midfield.  Today's line up certainly snuffed out United's undoubted attacking flair and we need the same against Celtic.  Perhaps look to bring Christie on as an impact sub.  Certainly we need to press Celtic and not revert to the tactic of playing keep ball in our own half.  Tactics more important than personnel in my view.

I think that he will adhere to the team that started yesterday. It is clear that playing the slowing down, tippy-tappy possession game at venues like Parkdread is tantamount to footballing suicide. There are enuff examples this season of how to play against Cellic away and to win. Having the option of Christie and Ibra on the bench is also a big bonus.

• Agree 1

I think Billy should be rested. He needs a break. He needs a focus. Christie needs time out too. Bring back Aaron and play Marley through the middle. Both Billy and Ryan from the bench offer opportunities if we can prevent Celtic racking up 5 quick goals!! We all remember how Denzil responded to being dropped. Billy would have massive hunger if he came on for 30 minutes and the scores were level.

• Agree 1

I rate Christie, but it wouldn't be fair to drop Vincent after his performance against Utd.

If anything I'd me more inclined to drop McKay and play Ryan in his place. A spell on the bench would probably do him good, coming on with 20 minutes to go as an impact substitute.

• Agree 1

Remember in 2012-13, Mckay was dropped early on in the season, with Foran taking his place up front.  When Mckay eventually won his place back, he was on fire for the next year or so and showed the hunger and prowess we all know he has.  Mckay looks frustrated and bereft of confidence.  Let's see what Sekajja can do and see if that spurs Mckay on to win his place back.  It worked last time around and no player should be immune from being dropped.

It could do him the world of good.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

Seemingly, the Celtic defence struggle against two strikers.  With that in mind - 

Brill

Raven Devine Warren Meekings Shinnie

Vincent Draper Tansey

Watkins Mckay

Subs - Esson, Sekajja, Tremarco, Christie, Ross, Williams, Doran

Contrary to what I've said earlier, I'd like to see how Mckay would get on as a front-two, with Raven and Shinnie bombing forward.

Seemingly, the Celtic defence struggle against two strikers.  With that in mind - 

Brill

Raven Devine Warren Meekings Shinnie

Vincent Draper Tansey

Watkins Mckay

Subs - Esson, Sekajja, Tremarco, Christie, Ross, Williams, Doran

Contrary to what I've said earlier, I'd like to see how Mckay would get on as a front-two, with Raven and Shinnie bombing forward.

That wouldn't be any different to yesterday IMO. We played Watkins and Mckay up front yesterday and yes it was working but Mckay just couldn't hit the net unfortunately.

Has Draper reached his yellow card count ? If he has then he almost certainly will miss the Celtic game and he will be a big miss

He is one yellow card away from a suspension. I thought he was due to miss yesterday but it's 6 before a suspension.

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Christie Vincent Wiliams

Watkins

As much as I'm a fan of Billy and his workrate was excellent on Sat again, but he missed some chances that on form he would have put away - we cant afford at Parkhead not to take every chance we have. Billy looks short on confidence and while dropping him may not help that, it will give us the opportunity to rest him and bring him on later if required. Vincent was great on Sat so keep him, bring back in Christie and put Marley up front as he is on form with goals. I was disapointed that with Christie suspended Nick never did more when he came on to try stake a place in the team.

Reminder that tickets for the Celtic game on Saturday MUST be purchased from ICTFC in advance.  NO ticket sales available on the day.

because Parkhead will, of course, be bursting at the seams and neither Celtic or Glasgow's finest could possibly cope with a couple of dozen ICT fans making last minute decisions to attend.Sometimes Scottish football does itself no favours.

Can you imagine a cinema or theatre more than half empty refusing to sell seats unless they are purchased at least a day in advance 150 miles away ?

• Agree 6

Reminder that tickets for the Celtic game on Saturday MUST be purchased from ICTFC in advance.  NO ticket sales available on the day.

And that is also a load of tosh as well. They should take note of Birmingham City and their ALL ticket but pay at the gate policy.

• Agree 1