Singing Section

TomatoTerrace

• 2 weeks later...

Never been quite the same since they moved from section G imo.

'They' moved? We were told to move!

Personally always liked the West Stand idea. The atmosphere improved enormously the 3 games we got there. But then Mike Smith and co banned us for 'persistent standing'. Clown.

I dont know if it has been mentioned before but after the SPL and SFL merged it was decided that the minimum seat requirement would be scrapped. Therefore you can have terracing in the Premiership again. There is nothing to stop us ripping out the seats in the West Stand and making the West side a terrace again! I whole heartedly believe that a designated terrace/singing area would help the atmosphere immensly.

Personally always liked the West Stand idea. The atmosphere improved enormously the 3 games we got there. But then Mike Smith and co banned us for 'persistent standing'. Clown.

I dont know if it has been mentioned before but after the SPL and SFL merged it was decided that the minimum seat requirement would be scrapped. Therefore you can have terracing in the Premiership again. There is nothing to stop us ripping out the seats in the West Stand and making the West side a terrace again! I whole heartedly believe that a designated terrace/singing area would help the atmosphere immensly.

'They' being the standing / singing cohort. Regardless of the semantics 'they' moved.

Not true....the West Stand initiative was shut down because of people persistently climbing up on the wall at the back and damage being done to hoardings/advertising and seats.

The moving of the singing section was done in consultation with fans in that area.  The Family Section was being extended and as fans in the singing section could be a little more boisterous then it was felt that moving it along would be for the best and less intimidating to younger fans in the family section. It was at the same time that the club agreed to ensure more scope was given in regard to how that section was stewarded....and it was a solution that everyone involved agreed too.

You are also mistaken in your understanding of stadium rules/regulations in regards to seating.  Whilst the minimum seat rules have been removed, Premiership clubs are still required to have all seater stadia (or more accurately, can only use seated areas within their stadia).  Some of those seats can be replaced with the rail seats, but there still has to be a seat allocated to each person entering the ground.  As ridiculous as that may be, it's not a situation of the clubs making and at near £100 per seat to move to rail seating....not including the cost of redoing the steps to make the extra depth required for them, then the cost of adding a roof which would be the next complaint on the list....then it's not likely to be happening any time soon.

My mate, Dave, for example, who 20 minutes ago was sitting next to me in the pub, is now 6 seats along in the stadium - the banter goes stone-dead.

(it usually does with me, but you get my point!)

This is a good point.  Is the an actual reason why you must have an allocated seat when you buy a ticket?  As long as you have a ticket to the game, you should be able to stand/sit anywhere you want IMO.  I feel this would increase noise level in the stadium as people are more likely to sing when surrounded by a group of friends/other people who are singing.

My mate, Dave, for example, who 20 minutes ago was sitting next to me in the pub, is now 6 seats along in the stadium - the banter goes stone-dead.

(it usually does with me, but you get my point!)

This is a good point.  Is the an actual reason why you must have an allocated seat when you buy a ticket?  As long as you have a ticket to the game, you should be able to stand/sit anywhere you want IMO.  I feel this would increase noise level in the stadium as people are more likely to sing when surrounded by a group of friends/other people who are singing.

As I said above, the club must allocate each person who enters the stadium a numbered seat....however, this is not "policed" other than in circumstances where someone who has purchased a specific seat (more often than not season ticket holders) can't use their seat because someone else is in it and refuses to move.  Also been some issue with more people squeezing into an area than their are seats (whilst standing obviously), but that was sorted and hasn't arisen again as far as I know.

So long as people are sensible and respect the rights of season ticket holders and those who have purchased specific seats, then I don't imagine the club would have any issue if people moved around a bit to be next to friends etc.

So long as people are sensible and respect the rights of season ticket holders and those who have purchased specific seats, then I don't imagine the club would have any issue if people moved around a bit to be next to friends etc.

Common Sense Caley D is that allowed? :wink:

Common Sense Caley D is that allowed? :wink:

Yes. Often done in the North Stand, especially if friends, or family, are at a game for only "once in a while". The Section where I have a season ticket is very good at accommodating requests such as "can you move along a seat please" to fit in an extra fan. That's the way to encourage people to return to games - make them welcome..... After all, we all want to sit with our friends, or family, and if its ok with the others, then fine. No hassle, new friend.