Stuart McCall quits Motherwell

Caleyjag

I see today the press are linking Kenny Shields, ICT fans could have told that weeks ago as he sat in the main stand when we played Motherwell............is this another example of the press not paying attention to what is going on at our club? I'm sure had it been Aberdeen, DUtd or any central belt club Motherwell played that day the story linking KS would have been in the pages next day.

Sneckboy--yes I noticed that about the  many managers at our game. Eyeing up our boys eh? Smile

In a way it's encouraging and complimentary. Hope they went away nervous after watching that display.

I wonder if the Partick manager was also there? This one makes me a wee bittie nervous. They have beaten us in the past when it was assumed that we had a more than reasonable chance of winning and  Firhill will be full of screaming Glaswegians.

Former Inverness and Hibernian boss Terry Butcher, 55, is in line to return to Motherwell for a second spell as a manager. (Daily Express)

So basically there's no substance to this other than a lot of people have bet on Butcher going back to Motherwell? Okay then.

• Agree 1

As well as the 4 above names, another Dutchman and former 'well player Mitchell van der Gaag is being strongly linked in the papers today.

I think the other candidate is Norberto Solano from Peru, who (unless he's lieing!) admits he's been interviewed. There will probably be an announcement this week.

I wouldn't normally be too 'bothered' about who Motherwell appoint as their manager - but the Butcher link intrigues me! Surely their board haven't got such short memories!

The manner of his leaving ICT followed by the cataclysmic series of results that followed! My gut instinct at the time of his 'dismissal' from Hibs was that he was finished as a manager - certainly in Scotland!

There must be a lot of money going on Terry though as the bookies have him as 1/2 favourite. We shall see.

I may be one of very few but I think Terry could do a decent enough job with Motherwell. We all know how it ended at Hibs but in truth they were a sinking ship before he joined but Terry made it worse.

If they get taken over before the January window and terry has money to build a team, they should do alright. Probably a safer option than Shiels.

Isn't Terry still getting paid by Hibs? IIRC they relieved him of his duties but never terminated his employment.  If that is still the case, it wouldn't stop him getting the job if Well think he's the man, but Terry won't be getting much out of it financially, he'll just be having to actually do some work for his pay!

Isn't Terry still getting paid by Hibs? IIRC they relieved him of his duties but never terminated his employment.  If that is still the case, it wouldn't stop him getting the job if Well think he's the man, but Terry won't be getting much out of it financially, he'll just be having to actually do some work for his pay!

I believe that is the case but Terry may not look at it from a financial point of view just now - might want back in employment etc.

Maybe he will go to St Mirren now that Tommy Craig has been sacked ..... either way he would look likely to keep his relegation record intact ... although he would be hard pressed to do it as spectacularly as he did in Edinburgh.