Inverness CT -V- Hamilton

Scotty

Who is Daniel hoban I have not seen his name before?

I am assuming he is our youth keeper? no Esson on the teamsheet and the online stats list him as a GK

By any measure that was a good result against the surprise form team of the SPL....Billy back scoring, and Vincent/Warren on the score sheet too....  Top, just need a favour tomorrow before the international break

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

Really good game of football this afternoon. The slow start meant that Hamilton could capitalise early and there was no chance Brill was getting to it but we got our heads into the game and battered Hamilton after that.

Hats off to Mckay, I thought he played a blinder today and got two well deserved goals. I liked the idea of him and Watkins up front as they do compliment each other.

Gary Warren's goal was out of this world - a great defenders header

To sum up really I felt that today was a good team performances and I thought the tactics and subs were good today especially when Hamilton brought it back to 3-2 - Hamilton couldn't cope when Doran and Christie came on.

Just to add, was Willie Collum feeling alright today? I thought he had a good game today.

• Agree 2

Great game - really enjoyed it.  So many positives - Mackay back on track in style, Warren's fantastic header, Watkins' 3 assists, Vincent's first goal of the season - coming from behind and goals galore, and top of the tree!

Well done to all for putting on a great show.

Only negative, as usual, was the crowd size....

Excellent game today, really enjoyed it. Best home game i have been to for a while. All of this seasons home games have been good though(that i have been too)

Glad to see McKay back in scoring form. Hopefully he can continue that after the international break against Motherwell. Vincent excellent again and capped it off with a goal. Warrens header was a bullet!!

Got to keep this up and bring this into the next game against Motherwell!

P.S I think Tansey is a very lucky boy, he kicked out at that Hamilton player before all that pushing and shoving.

Another tactical masterclass from Big Yogi and the Team.  This has to be some of the most intelligent football ever played by Caley Thistle.

Hamilton got the better start, but it didn't take long for us to re-assert ourselves and it was no looking back from then on.  Hamilton came to realise early in the second half that they were struggling to cope with what was being thrown at them and, sadly, resorted to dragging our players down...and even holding them down...all over the pitch. Watkins' showed just how strong he can be on the ball, yet again, and given the "attention" he was getting at times I imagine he'll wake up a bit sore and with a bruise or two in the morning.

Delighted for Billy as well.  Second goal was laid out on a plate, but the first goal he can take plenty of credit for as he still had a bit of work to do on receiving the ball. I don't buy into the theory that his confidence was low, but it'll be great for his spirit to have bagged a brace and hopefully it marks a wee turn in fortune for him.

The most exciting thing is.....I still don't believe we've seen the full potential of this squad.  They seem to be learning and improving all the time....and long may that continue.

Be interesting to see if the SFA take any action against Jason Scotland for his off-the-ball elbow on Gary Warren....which was caught clearly on camera.  Bit of a precedent set with the Goodwin incident last week.

(P.S.  It's Mckay....small "k")

• Agree 6

Thats my first home win of 2014, for real.

Thought the team played well today. Thats the best performance i have seen in a long long time and i honestly cant remember the last time i saw a game where we came from behind to win.

The whole aura of today reminded me of a pre-2004 div 1 game tbh. Rather enjoyed myself. I feel like i have lost my 'mojo' somewhat since Yogi started but today i got that 'buzz' back.

I hope we can keep it going for Well!

As for the players. I thought Raven and Draper were below par. Good to see Billy back with the goals but my motm would have been Vincent! He played out his skin today and deserved that goal at the end. Brill would be disapointed with the second im sure, but he made some good stops towards the end.