Inverness CT -V- Hamilton

Scotty

Just watched the goals on Sky - GAWD MacKay almost overdid the first - fine header fro Warren - Watkins should have got the third but McKay showed the old poacher touch - great header from Watkins and great finish by Vincent. Their first took a wicked deflection but Deano will not want to watch the second.

Great game today, Hamilton were no pushover but we looked the better team for most of the match. Bit nervous when they pulled back to 3-2, but credit to the boys: they didn't panic, kept pressing and deserved to re-open the gap and after that there was little danger. Good performances all over the pitch. With other results suiting us this weekend, a draw between Aberdeen and Celtic tomorrow would be fine. Great entertainment, well worth 4 hours of A9 average speed slog!

Off topic but whatever happened to that poster 'The Knowledge' ?

Whatever happened to Dougal?

Can only guess that given things are going well currently he's rather quiet? 

I'm finding the BBC report a tad infuriating.................

"The midfielder, 25 yards from goal, measured a fierce yet controlled effort in off Dean Brill's post with the goalkeeper struggling to register any form of response given the quality of the strike."

How about telling the truth? It was well struck but took a wicked deflection off the wall and that put it beyond Brill's reach, the ball going in off the post.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Brill for the second goal either. It was struck early through the legs of the defender and being partially unsighted he could not get down quick enough. Both goals fortunate for Acccies and avoidable. The first was a poor decision by Watkins to allow the ball to run across him instead of clearing which resulted in Raven giving away the free kick from which they scored, the ball deflecting off a head. Meh!

Rant over, I feel better already.

Great to see Billy in the goals again, but his overall play and touch were fantastic, my MotM. Well done to Vincent for eventually scoring, maybe he is a footballer after all. Good second half after a towsy first and a deserved victory, pity about the goals lost.

Brilliant result from an excellent game. The win was well-deserved, but Hamilton contributed to and end-to-end second half full of chances. Both of their goals were pretty stuffy: Just glad the bad luck affected us in a game that we scored 4! There's nobody to fear in this league and, if we can keep the squad together and keep the guys fit, Europe is there for the taking. That said, our bench is looking really strong just now: Christie and Doran on for Vincent and Williams - great strength in depth!

Sergio Mckay and Diego Watkins the dynamic duo. 

Great team performance. Hamilton are a very good team with three of the league's leading goalscorers at present. Motherwell will be a massive game especially if Aberdeen contain Celtic today. 

If only more people realised what class football is now being served up here on our doorstep....and over the bridge!

In the next week, let's hope Billy gets a chance to register his first international goal and possibly see Shinnie and Watkins get closer to international call ups. 

• Agree 2

Good team performance against the Accies, and thought we bossed it for the majority of the game. Accies became far more dangerous once they were 2 goals down and started throwing bodies forward, prior to that they offered very little.

Actually thought we played better against Dundee United, but never got the reward we deserved then.

Top of the league in November, hats off to all involved, long may it continue.

• Agree 2

I know it's a bit off topic but I'm just wondering when Ibra Sekajja is going to get a chance in the first team? With his contract up at the end of next month surely we should be playing him more than just Under 20s - Sadly I can see him being another Toby Adgestein/Jason Oswell/ Curtis Allen etc.

I reckon he may be kept on, could be the spur that keeps Billy knocking in the goals, besides we need another striker in case of injury, illness or anything untoward happening to our favourite goalscorer.

Yeah totally understand but I keep hearing positive reports about Ibra in the U20s so surely we can play him in the final 10-20 mins of the game at least to keep Ibra fresh in the event that Billy or Marley become unavailable. I thought it was strange that we stuck Nick Ross up front in the Dundee United game instead of Ibra.

Re: the ref. thought he let a few too many incidents go yesterday. The danger is that it boils over - an early card can sometimes settle it all down. There were loads of niggly incidents in the game which resulted in a few tempers (Shinnie, Tansey and one right near the end). I thought the ref handled all of these sensibly, but they might not have happened if he'd been firmer earlier.

Totally agree PerfICT.  The last time he was here he was waiving the yellow cards like it was going out of fashion and I think he may have got a flee in his ear so yesterday he kept them in his pocket to long.  If he had made a booking in the first half when he should have things would not have boiled over in the second!

A couple of weeks ago we were all moaning about him giving out too many cards. Now people are complaining that he isn't giving out enough. A tad harsh.

I prefer the way he handled things today. Made for a much more fluent, hard fought, high tempo game.

Have given Collum pelters in the past, but credit where credit's due. Big improvement.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

A couple of weeks ago we were all moaning about him giving out too many cards. Now people are complaining that he isn't giving out enough. A tad harsh.

I prefer the way he handled things today. Made for a much more fluent, hard fought, high tempo game.

Have given Collum pelters in the past, but credit where credit's due. Big improvement.

People are frustrated by the inconsistency. That's why there are so many negative comments about his performance I suspect.

• Agree 1

The trick is to give them out when they're required, not when your quotas (external or self-imposed) need the numbers.  I seriously believed yesterday that he'd left his cards in the dressing room in the first half, and was just too embarrassed to admit it.

The trick is to give them out when they're required, not when your quotas (external or self-imposed) need the numbers.  I seriously believed yesterday that he'd left his cards in the dressing room in the first half, and was just too embarrassed to admit it.

:lol:  :lol: