Shinnie leaving

bdu98196

BBC report that the Daily Star is running a story Graeme has turned down a new contract and is offski. Such a shame, but if thats true which based on the source is questionable - I wish him well as hes been a great player for us.

If true now the board have to decide cash in during Jan or fight for highest league place and keep him til the summer.

Shouldn't this topic be in Rumour section, at least for now?

But, if it is true, nobody at IICT, management or fans, can really blame him.  He sees his brother earning probably 4 or 5 times what he does for being little more than an occasional starter at Brum.  He is not getting any younger so it would be natural for him to want to maximise his earnings over the next few years.  Good luck to him.

• Agree 1

He's been a tremendous left back for us. He's risen through the ranks from reserve player to Vice Captain. He will be almost impossible to replace in that he is excellent at both the defensive and attacking aspects of being a full back.

I hope he goes to England. We all know he is more than capable of playing at Championship level at least. Maybe then he might actually get a freakin call up.

Will be disappointed if it's Aberdeen. He's far too good for then.

Edited by AJS

Have you seen him play though?  I wonder if that's why we signed him actually.  Whether or not he'll be as good as Shinnie is is one thing, but I do think he'll be a first team regular within a couple of seasons.

Disappointed if true, but from what I've seen of Ryan Baptie, he's got to the potential to be a more than adequate replacement in the long run.

Ryan Babtie may have potential but I doubt he will ever fully fill Shinnie's boots.

I dont know. The one thing Baptie has going for him is commitment so he could well be the next GS

Wasn't Baptie highly thought at Hibs? - Definitely one for the future but I wouldn't sell Graeme for anything less than 500K in Jan if it comes to it - any less would be criminal.

Taking a pragmatic approach, I suspect the club would accept £200,000 if he's determined to leave.

Wasn't Baptie highly thought at Hibs? - Definitely one for the future but I wouldn't sell Graeme for anything less than 500K in Jan if it comes to it - any less would be criminal.

Taking a pragmatic approach, I suspect the club would accept £200,000 if he's determined to leave.

If that's the case, we would be better keeping him till summer and then let him go for nought unfortunately.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Good luck to him. I would love him to stay but he has to maximise his earnings and potential when he can and that unfortunately means he has to move on at some time. A great servant for us and an excellent ambassador off the pitch. Hope he goes to somewhere decent outside of the Scottish Premiership.

• Agree 2

Great player and my personal favourite at the club right now , I've never met him but he always comes across as a decent bloke . Disappointed to hear he's going but not surprised , could be a fantastic signing for an Aberdeen side that's crying out for a left back . Wish him all the best for the future and thanks for the memories .

Great player and my personal favourite at the club right now , I've never met him but he always comes across as a decent bloke . Disappointed to hear he's going but not surprised , could be a fantastic signing for an Aberdeen side that's crying out for a left back . Wish him all the best for the future and thanks for the memories .

Or a Glasgow one thats heading back to top flight? Personally I think he'll head over the border.

• Agree 1

Or a Glasgow one thats heading back to top flight? Personally I think he'll head over the border.

Nah, can't see him signing for Queens Park.

That's got at least one more zero than Aberdeen will be offering!