Shinnie leaving

bdu98196

Has been one of our best players over the last 3 seasons or so and has got better and better.  Will be very sorry to see him go when that happens but he has served us extremely well and will go with my best wishes.

He can do much better than Aberdeen and I think there will be a number of clubs interested in him.

It's the Glagow Rangers as Alex hinted at. Makes perfect sense.

They can't afford a lot of money since they are teetering on the brink of financial ,disaster, but they need excellent players to get back up and G. Shinnie will be a stand-out since his confidence will get a big fillip by this transfer and he can meld into the team whilst they are still downstairs. And if the "Gers" can make it up the stairs again he will NOT have done his career any harm at all by this move.

I think he might perform better at Ibrox than Pittodrie .Mind you, Barry Robson says he may well be playing again next season but bringing in Shinnie and keeping Barry (aged 34--36?) on the bench more or less for emergencies or for just the second half  may make a lot of sense to the Management there. That will also allow Barry to, ease out of playing footie and getting into some kind of Management position perhaps? He is cagey about that at this time but....?

Man, does Graeme ever have a shot on him for such a slim figure. Only Tansey, perhaps, can send in raspers like him. Pity they both have a ..well...a slight tendency to blooter them over the bar.

Whatever happens, the very best of luck to a fine player and a very good servant of the club. :notworthy:

We'll get next to nothing for him in January: Any offer would effectively to pay off his remaining contract. Better to keep him until May and hope he increases our winnings! Really hope he doesn't go to Aberdeen: It feels like we're a feeder club for them and we're in the same league!!

• Agree 1

Does Shinnie want to go to Aberdeen ?  Not a great new adventure for a young man to be going back to his hometown plus they are not all that great a team.

Rangers, really ?

He`s bound for England probably with good brotherly advice

Had to smile when I say this exchange on a Dundee United forum discussing Shinnie - such utter garbage !

"Canna say ive ever noticed this guy being a stand out before."

"I'm with you on this one. Can't say I've ever noticed the boy at all. Other ICT players have stood out last time we played them at Tannadice their wee no 8 ran the game."

The wee number 8? That would be the diminutive, shy and retiring, 6' 5" Ross Draper! :laugh:

Had to smile when I say this exchange on a Dundee United forum discussing Shinnie - such utter garbage !

"Canna say ive ever noticed this guy being a stand out before."

"I'm with you on this one. Can't say I've ever noticed the boy at all. Other ICT players have stood out last time we played them at Tannadice their wee no 8 ran the game."

The wee number 8? That would be the diminutive, shy and retiring, 6' 5" Ross Draper! :laugh:

Methinks failing eyesight mistook the 3 on Shinie's shirt for an 8.

I would be gutted if he went to Aberdeen on a free because they have not long ago already acquired Hayes & Rooney(indirectly) without forking out a penny, that's without including Robson. For them to have got 3 of our best players(at their time of leaving) for no hard cash whatsoever would be hard to take but if it was money in January or a free at the end of the season I'd much rather keep him. I am more than happy for Shinnie to go for free as he deserves everything he gets for his contribution to us. He can play at a higher level than the spfl and if he is offered the chance he should jump at iit.

As has been said above we shouldbe entitled to development compensation even if he does go in summer. Not sure how that works cross border though.

I really hope that's the case. We're his only club - he joined ICT when he was 17-years-old.

He had a timely stint at Forres in the Highland League as part of his development - his progress through our ranks has been well managed by the club. It would be disappointing to lose him for nothing!

I made a pst earlier about him possibly being lured to his home-town club, but I hadn't realised that, despite being a regular fan at Pittodrie, - he wasn't a Dons fan!

He just liked football! Not sure I'm buying that!

More often or not, one's first fixtures, particularly 'home town' games, tend to set the habit. I reckon he was just being diplomatic (ahead of the game v. Aberdeen) in that article! (posted below)

Could work either way. Wants to 'prove Aberdeen wrong' by making-it with them (?) or alternatively, snubbing them to move to England.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-cup-final-inverness-star-3248507

I hope he doesn't go to Aberdeen or The Rangers - I'd still wish him well, but would prefer seeing him in the English Championship..or even the Premier League!

Well done to Yogi for slamming Shinnie's agent. Agents seem to hold clubs to ransom over players and show disrespect to clubs and fans alike with no thoughts about anyone but themselves and often embarrass the players they represent. Once again good on you Yogi.

• Agree 1

Well done to Yogi for slamming Shinnie's agent. Agents seem to hold clubs to ransom over players and show disrespect to clubs and fans alike with no thoughts about anyone but themselves and often embarrass the players they represent. Once again good on you Yogi.

Actually disagree. The agent works for Graeme and not ICTand was merely doing his job by putting his client in the shop window. He didn't seem to say anything disparaging about our club.

• Agree 1

Actually disagree. The agent works for Graeme and not ICTand was merely doing his job by putting his client in the shop window. He didn't seem to say anything disparaging about our club.

However it could harm the club by announcing it two months before the transfer window - Thankfully Graeme isn't the type of character to get distracted by off field stuff. 

Heard at the game yesterday, that Aberdeen are keen on bringing BOTH Shinnies in.[/quote

Wouldnt be surprised tbh. Andrew has now broken into the first team at Birmingham so I'm not sure what he'd do?

He got the assist yesterday for Birmingham's only goal of the game so i can see him getting more matches 

Heard at the game yesterday, that Aberdeen are keen on bringing BOTH Shinnies in.[/quote

Wouldnt be surprised tbh. Andrew has now broken into the first team at Birmingham so I'm not sure what he'd do?

He got the assist yesterday for Birmingham's only goal of the game so i can see him getting more matches 

Change of managers must be working out for Andy then. 

But the agent needs to remember that Graeme is under contract to ICT and therefore should not be touting a move to other clubs, in the media.

Heard at the game yesterday, that Aberdeen are keen on bringing BOTH Shinnies in.

Aberdeen could no way match his wages at Birmingham.  Would he move to the Dons for a huge drop in wages...   don't think so.

Have Aberdeen not just cleared their bank debt and have said that more money will be invested in the playing squad? Also shinnie went to Birmingham City a club with big financial problems of there own so I can't imagine he's on loads. The thing that always sticks in the throat about this is that if they go to Aberdeen they're going to football wise a similar team. If we had the attendances of even half of Aberdeen we'd have a fighting chance of holding onto him. Not only Graeme but perhaps Rooney, Hayes and Andy shinnie too

Edited by Sir C the 3rd