Inverness CT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

Another excellent result, well done everybody.

Particular plus points  :-

- winning a game immediately after international break, something that we haven't done that often.

- again, turning good possession into goals. Stats indicated we had 20 shots!

- from a selfish point of view I had a 3-1 win (and 1-1 at half time) in Gringo's prediction league!

Lovely stuff. Let's hope for a good Cup run, starting at Paisley next week, as well.

• Agree 4

Great result and great performance. Had potential to be a banana skin especially after the international break.

First half was quite even up until the goals right after each other but then i felt we kicked on after that. Could/should of scored 5 in 2nd half.

Meekings and Watkins scoring, McKay rounding the keeper and skying it, Watkins hitting the bar and the post. Motherwell were crumbling.

Very intelligent performance from the lads today. I noticed today that Motherwell were trying to play it patient against us and it didn't work as we were miles ahead of them with our passing - their goal coming from a fast break.

So glad we have got the passing style of play nailed to a tee cause we are reaping the rewards for it now. Yogi - hats off to you! 

• Agree 4

My first appearance at the Dump for a couple of months and I was very impressed with the performance and the way Yogi had the team set up and how they played

Yogi had a lot of doubters on here but he is fast proving a lot of the roasters on here wrong and for that I salute him

Only negative today was the crowd I think I heard the official attendance was just over 3000 but it didn't look anywhere near that

The better ICT play and the higher we go in the league the poorer the crowds get, draw your own conclusions from that but there is something seriously unhealthy with that

Anyway congrats Yogi you've now got the team playing your way and it's a joy to watch for those of us that turn up

Dougal

• Agree 1

Looking back, Motherwell's goal was their only clearcut chance of the whole game - and that came from a defensive shambles on our part.  That in itself tells you how much we dominated.

We looked superior from the get-go but we seemed to be playing in second or third gear till the opening goal.  Mckay's finish was that of a striker who has his mojo back.  Christie's through ball was beautiful.  For Mckay's second half miss, I assume he had a pretty tight angle?  If anything, Watkins hitting the bar from six yards out was worse!

I always felt a little nervous at 1-1 but Watkins' goal knocked the stuffing out of Motherwell and it could have been five or six by the end.

Not the best performance from us this season, but it was still pretty good and more than enough to beat today's opponents, who look like real relegation candidates.  That's eleven game unbeaten at home, going back to April 1st.  That's a heck of a record!

A special shout out to Graeme Shinnie, who I thought was sensational today, both in defence and attack.  Clearly he let all the guff with his agent go right over his head.

• Agree 2

My first appearance at the Dump for a couple of months and I was very impressed with the performance and the way Yogi had the team set up and how they played

Yogi had a lot of doubters on here but he is fast proving a lot of the roasters on here wrong and for that I salute him

Only negative today was the crowd I think I heard the official attendance was just over 3000 but it didn't look anywhere near that

The better ICT play and the higher we go in the league the poorer the crowds get, draw your own conclusions from that but there is something seriously unhealthy with that

Anyway congrats Yogi you've now got the team playing your way and it's a joy to watch for those of us that turn up

Dougal

Invernessians are masochistics?  :whip:

Great to have you back son, something felt extra special in the crowd today and now I know what it was.

My first appearance at the Dump for a couple of months 

Only negative today was the crowd

Dougal

Only one negative! Come on Dougal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I,ve just watched the highlights. Superb! No need to fear anyone if we can continue to play like this.

Dougal  -- good try and hopefully there  will be more positive stuff from you and then your popularity will soar like an Eagle.

Crowd -- I did see a figure of 3,500 or was it 3,700. In view of recent turnouts It may be construed as encouraging. Steady, like.

• Agree 2

I can't wait to see the highlights...great to see Billy scoring again.

Is Marley Watkins the new Andrew Shinnie (or better), Yogi seems to have him playing in a similar role, I am glad he is doing so well, when I first saw him last year he struck me as being a very useful player

Also another goal from a CB...nice one Josh

• Agree 2

Great performance and on another day McKay and Watkins might have both grabbed hat-tricks.

In regards to the crowd, home gates (again) exceeded what was forcast/budgeted for by the club and it was good to see the tickets for volunteers initiative being well received....many of whom were first time visitors and one small group I spoke to said they were made to feel very welcome by those around them and would definitely be back.

• Agree 4

Well done team! Couldn't go yesterday, but sounds like we played them off the park! Always worrying at 1-1 that the goal wasn't going to come, but very comfortable in the end. Tricky away game at Dundee next, but should go there full of confidence. Likewise for cup game at Midden

Great performance and on another day McKay and Watkins might have both grabbed hat-tricks.

In regards to the crowd, home gates (again) exceeded what was forcast/budgeted for by the club and it was good to see the tickets for volunteers initiative being well received....many of whom were first time visitors and one small group I spoke to said they were made to feel very welcome by those around them and would definitely be back.

Great to hear. Thinking out of the box is maybe the way to go tbh. I personally wouldn't have thought of inviting volunteers.

• Agree 2

McKay and Watkins could both have had hat-tricks. They ran Well ragged. We looked more willing to make the killer pass today than previously. It's been a while since McKay was released one on one with the keeper so often. Looks like the team have found the right balance between patient build up play and direct through balls.

The back 4 and midfield were totally solid defensively. In seasons gone by we had a nack of squandering deserved leads late on. Not anymore.

Also worth noting that was Nick Ross's best performance from the bench of the season.

Can see Motherwell struggling with County and Midden for the bottom 2 slots come the end of the season. County have been improving under McIntyre and Midden will soon have their best attacking players back from injury. Looking bleak for the men in claret and amber.