Inverness CT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

Just switched Radio Scotland on near end of match and Rob MacLean said it could have been a lot more emphatic, we hit post twice and in his words "missed 2, maybe 3 sitters".

Be interesting to hear what was said in interviews :-).

Bring on Jags :ictscarf: :ictscarf:.

A very convincing win in which again we dominated the play.  it was four nil going on six or seven.

Very impressed with Williams;  Tansey's passing was superb and Vincent is now starting to show the form he displayed when he first joined the club.

Overall, a great team performance.

Bring on the Partick...

• Agree 2

Not much to say really. Saint Mirren were awful. Absolutely awful. It's been a fair while since I've seen such a poor team at TCS but Saint Mirren are easily the worst side we've played this season. We weren't even that great and we still ran out comfortable winners and it could have been even more.

First goal was simple enough. Corner from Tansey swung into the near post and Warren headed past Ridgers. Second was a penalty from Tansey after Goodwin misjudged a lofted past forward to Watkins and hauled him down in the box.

Williams made it three when Saint Mirren couldn't clear a Mckay effort which came off the bar. A pathetic attempt to boot the ball clear instead played in Williams who sliced the ball into the net. Shinnie rounded it off at the death when he found himself in the space after another Saints error at the back (he may even have been offside) and he cooly curled the ball beyond Ridgers to make it four.

It's no exaggeration to say we could have had anothern 3 or 4 goals tonight. Saints were all over the place and I can barely remember a time when they threatened. Defensively they were a mess and Ridgers made some good saves from Warren and Doran to keep us at bay for a bit longer.

73 away fans there tonight. They deserved a better showing than that all things considered.

St Mirren were poor but we played a good Dee Utd at the TCS we were under the cosh for about 10 mins in that game and made them look poor for another 80mins.

The build up play was so good to the final touch in front of goal the score line should have been far far higher.

And a big thumbs up to Meekings who kept us in the competition on Saturday otherwise we could have been dead and buried like Aberdeen.

I would like Partick, Pars then Dundee as they are all teams who have knocked us out of this cup at later stages. finishing off with a spartans final.

Great  result! Sounds like a very one side match :ictscarf: .... a great boost having watched my other team gift 3points to Villa :ohmy:

Would love to go to the Partick match away...but flying up to Glasgow two weeks running is probably not on.

Theres a flight to Glasgow at 10 am from Gatwick on the Saturday £33, a return flight at 7.55 pm from Edinburgh £31 and £15 for a car for the day to take you to the match from Glasgow airport and drop it off in Edinburgh 

Thank you to all the players and staff of ICT for a superb night's entertainment on a chilly evening. Four goals by four different players. Pity the BBC Radio Scotland match report could only concentrate on St Mirren's problems rather than ICT's excellent football and their convincing result. 

• Agree 3

The last two times ICT have beaten St. Mirren 4-0 their manager has been sacked. Will the St. Mirren board make it a hat-trick?

Edited to add my new gifs

Nx8GpAV.gif                                           

07tyH4A.gif

Edited by Guest

Maybe . But who will they get to replace him? Their young players  have lost confidence as a result of

the game losses. As they trooped off at half time their heads were seemingly already down and little spirit  or fight left in them

You have to feel a bit sad and some sympathy as well as empathy for them. 'Cos "There but for the grace of God go I." type of thing.

I am afraid that St Mirren may end up as relegation candidates this term if things don't improve.

Let's face it,  the norms of Scottish football are changing. Poorer crowds, bigger teams such as the Hibs going down. And remember the day when first place for us would have been seen as absurd and the likes of Hamilton Academical being top of the League in  the Premiership to be rather incredulous.

You know--we may well just have a chance of winning this League this year. NOT TO MENTION  a :smile: clean sweep of that and the League cup and the Scottish Cup. Would that bring in the crowds? :smile:

Is Sekajja injured?

I'm not sure! He maybe just wasn't picked for the squad - got to say, I can see him being released at the end of December.

Anyway, great that we're into the last 16 - the Partick Thistle game isn't until February so we can look forward to that one when it comes. We've 11 league games before then and a transfer window to 'survive'!

You know--we may well just have a chance of winning this League this year. NOT TO MENTION  a :smile: clean sweep of that and the League cup and the Scottish Cup. Would that bring in the crowds? :smile:

The double is still on, but the treble is only the domain of teams left in the League cup - Celtci & DUtd as I dont consider winning the lower leagues as being worthy of a treble consideration

• Agree 1

Will there be highlights of the game posted on the BBC or SPFL Youtube? 

Or will we get the same treatment as Sportscene on Saturday with less than a minute to show just the goals...

• Agree 1

SPFL don't have any involvement with the Scottish Cup, it's the SFA.

Info I have from SFA says they will be putting up highlights from every match on their YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottishCupOfficial), but they also say they will be available on the Monday following games at the weekends and I'm not seeing ours from Saturday yet!  Not sure exactly what the situation is with other broadcast partners (BBC, Sky etc).

Had my doubts about the ref when he dished out a yellow to Meekings (I thought) in the first couple of minutes for what looked like a good recovering tackle from behind the goal. Reading the report I see that Shinnie was booked instead.   But Ref did settle in and tried to let the game flow, allowing advantages where necessary.    Hardest thing Deano had to do was work out who was passing the ball back to him.  St Midden were generally poor and and seemed to lack any ideas.

As others have said, there could have been a few more goals, but overall an impressive display.

• Agree 1

Tob

There they are.the Highlights.

BUT this video  is not available for viewing in Canada --or Overseas=- so can anyone send me the link to an opened file so that I can enjoy it  as well. Also for all overseas lads and lasses in a similar position.

Many thanks

S.P.