New Goalie

L_G

We have this afternoon signed a new goalie, or should I say an old goalie. ??

Ideal I would say, a number 2 for Michael, but also talented and could make the step up if required.

Ally Ridgers has signed from Clach.  He's a good keeper and will benefit from working with Ikey and Stuart Garden.  Glad to see him get another chance.  :021: :021:

Really?!!!!  :010:

I thought we'd be going for someone with a lot more experience, unless he is being brought in as 3rd choice and Smith is being released.

I seem to recall that when we let Ridgers go to Clach we had an option to buy him back for a small fee.

We have this afternoon signed a new goalie, or should I say an old goalie. ??

Ideal I would say, a number 2 for Michael, but also talented and could make the step up if required.

Ally Ridgers has signed from Clach.  He's a good keeper and will benefit from working with Ikey and Stuart Garden.  Glad to see him get another chance.  :021: :021:

Glad Christie has shown his faith in Fraser by getting Ridgers, and for a number 2 Ridgers is a young(ish) player that knows the club well... welcome back Ally

I think this is a good move. I think Fraser should be given a chance to prove himself. He looks like a quality keeper and appears to be pretty confident which is a good thing so it would have been pretty tough had someone come in and taken his place after only getting one start Post Brown.

ADMINISTRATOR ABUSE - This should be in the Rumour Mill.  :014:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

But my source is very reliable.  :015: :015: :015: :015: And not based on tea cups.  :021:

"The 26-year-old will be on the bench for the home Premier League game against Celtic on Sunday. "

hes 24.  really pleased for ridgers on a personal level and i hope he makes enough of the chance to sign a real contract after the summer.

for ict it could be a good move, hes always had a bit of an attitude problem and he has seemed a bit bitter about leaving us the first time round but hes a talented keeper.  when he left under robbo he was told they wanted a physically bigger keeper, which was fraser, although it was ridgers who was the long term number 2 at the club being a bit older than michael, so its kind of understandable when your only other option is clach!

well done all round though

A good move for Caley overall I'd say.  Yes, it might be better if our back up goal keeper had more top level experience - but as ICT said themselves, getting an experienced keeper, or a reserve keeper from a top flight club (beleive we were looking at an Arsenal keeper), to be content with sitting on the bench most of the time is pretty much impossible.