Inverness CT -V- Partick Th

Scotty

beaten at our own game, no complaints. Move on.

That is it precisely, they are all trying out our style of play in training and practice looking for ways to contain us. However I am quite sure J H has something up his sleeve,  knowing that others will catch on (as Partick did yesterday) in time he will come back with a revised version that will flummox them again.

Have faith TogetherNess will win.

• Agree 1

Strange performance. Partick played the pressing game fantastically: If we're going to play the way that JH wants all the time, they need to all be at the peak of their abilities to play through high pressing teams. None were yesterday. Someone lost their man (Elliott) for the first and Brill hesitated. Second was the result of good pressure and poor technique combined. Third killed it, but the combined pen appeal/Raven disallowed goal might have changed the last half hour or so. Think Doran and Christie need to start the next one (not that Vincent was the worst). Shame to have imploded so dramatically, but sometimes teams need a kick up the b/side to get them grounded again.

If he had something up his sleeve he should have used it yesterday.

Poor performance from us. Brill was shoddy at the first three with little or no help from a normally reliable defence. The cautious approach is good as long as you don't give the ball away cheaply. The number of times we ended up giving it back to Brill who in turn gave it back to a marked defender who then gave it back to Brill with an onrushing forward was unreal. He ended up hoofing it (just) anyway. The crowd in the North Stand gasped audibly as this procession played out in front of us. It's not working all the time, and if plan be is up his sleeve then he needs to roll up his sleeves and get stuck in.

Raven. He did OK, caley100 just needs a fall guy since Hastings left. Booing the team off at the end. I'm afraid I left early as I had to wash my hair. Certainly would not have cheered them off anyway after such a shambolic display.

I'm hoping it's a one off rather than the winter slump. The next month will reveal all.

Full marks to Partick who thoroughly deserved their victory.  Even when they were four up they worked really hard and closed us down quickly whilst offering plenty of movement when in possession.  It was an object lesson in how to beat us when we try to play patient possession football.  The dissapointing thing was that when it was clear that Partick had the right tactics there was no plan B.

There was no leadership off the park and none on it.  Shinnie looked as though he was completely uninterested so perhaps it is time to "rest" him, bring in Tremarco and give the captain's arm band to Warren. 

Hopefully the players and the manager will know they fell well short of acceptable standards today and will pick themselves up and do better next time.

"No leadership off or on the park"

With your knowledge of this maybe you can give us an insight into the managers half time talk or maybe with his lack of leadership he decided to dispense with one.

Perhaps, just perhaps, a poor footballing performance on the park, will be the players fault and not the managers!

I do agree with the rest of your input as indeed fielding the same team each week can be less stimulating and maybe rotation could mean that some players would come back refreshed into the team again. However it must be difficult for a manager to disrupt a team when on a good run and make no mistake this is perhaps the best run we will ever experience as our finances dwindle and the calibre of player we are able to attract reduces.

Whether yesterday was an one off blip or a turning point in the season will depend entirely on how management and players alike react over the glut of games we have over the next three or so weeks.

No need to panic just yet. One advantage could be that we will go back to flying under the radar of the Central Belt centred media.

Full marks to Partick who thoroughly deserved their victory.  Even when they were four up they worked really hard and closed us down quickly whilst offering plenty of movement when in possession.  It was an object lesson in how to beat us when we try to play patient possession football.  The dissapointing thing was that when it was clear that Partick had the right tactics there was no plan B.

There was no leadership off the park and none on it.  Shinnie looked as though he was completely uninterested so perhaps it is time to "rest" him, bring in Tremarco and give the captain's arm band to Warren. 

Hopefully the players and the manager will know they fell well short of acceptable standards today and will pick themselves up and do better next time.

"No leadership off or on the park"

With your knowledge of this maybe you can give us an insight into the managers half time talk or maybe with his lack of leadership he decided to dispense with one.

Perhaps, just perhaps, a poor footballing performance on the park, will be the players fault and not the managers!

I do agree with the rest of your input as indeed fielding the same team each week can be less stimulating and maybe rotation could mean that some players would come back refreshed into the team again. However it must be difficult for a manager to disrupt a team when on a good run and make no mistake this is perhaps the best run we will ever experience as our finances dwindle and the calibre of player we are able to attract reduces.

When things are not going right on the park it is reasonable to expect the manager to assess what is going wrong and take actions to address it.  We started off with the tactic of keeping possession at the back and then trying to play the ball up through the middle.  Partick pressed us, forced us into errors and then scored two well taken goals in the first half.  There was no discernable response to going behind, no discernable change at half time.  Given the performance on the park I would have expected Hughes to be parked on the edge of the technical area barking out instruction and encouragement but my impression was that he was less involved pitchside than usual (no doubt those in the mainstand will have a better take on this than me).

Sometimes it's just not your day and nothing seems to work.  I just got the impression yesterday that we tried one thing which didn't work and there was a lack of willingness to try anything.  Hughes comments after the match are also of interest here.  He was very honest in saying "one on one, all over the pitch, we were second best."  That being the case, why was he not doing his nut on the touchline during the game? 

County were another team who pressed us hard.  In that game we were lucky they were not out of sight at half time but at least we changed tack at half time and took the game to them.  That was the kind of tactical response we needed yesterday but it simply didn't come.

Incidentally, the fans who ran on the pitch...we should set an example and ban them for life.

That would certainly make any other morons think twice about doing it and embarrassing the club and likely costing us money and reputation.

Yes, they looked 'young' but were clearly 'old' enough to be attending football games unsupervised on a Saturday afternoon - they need to be held responsible for their actions - which it would appear they've not had to do much in their lives.

If it had been a couple of Celtic fans we'd be up-in-arms, so no double-standards.

We don't want that associated with ICT.

• Agree 1

Gutless performance ,lucky to get away losing only 4

Absolutely no pass marks today except for maybe David Ravven

Eh?   Raven is a feckin donkey !   we need a right back for sure.    no ICT player can put their hand up and say they tried today, they were a total mess, no effort no attitude and def. no idea how to combat Parpricks in the face football.

Brill also needs to look at his performance, he was a shambles apart from his one good save.

Really disappointed with the team.  hope this in not a collapse like last season at this stage.

.......You bud must have been dropped cause you have some major problems if you think Raven is "A Donkey" he is one of the best RB's the club has ever had if we got rid of him we won't find as many with the in game knowledge that he has i.e. where to run to, when to run to, positioning ect.  

Nah, never been dropped,  Raven was at fault yesterday, as were most of the defence. He lost a header for their second goal, he lost his man last week for Dundee's goal, I could go on and on, I just don't rate him.

If you think he's one of the best RB's we have had I reckon you must have fallen out of the pram a couple of times in early life.

Gutless performance ,lucky to get away losing only 4

Absolutely no pass marks today except for maybe David Ravven

Eh? Raven is a feckin donkey ! we need a right back for sure. no ICT player can put their hand up and say they tried today, they were a total mess, no effort no attitude and def. no idea how to combat Parpricks in the face football.

Brill also needs to look at his performance, he was a shambles apart from his one good save.

Really disappointed with the team. hope this in not a collapse like last season at this stage.

.......You bud must have been dropped cause you have some major problems if you think Raven is "A Donkey" he is one of the best RB's the club has ever had if we got rid of him we won't find as many with the in game knowledge that he has i.e. where to run to, when to run to, positioning ect.

Nah, never been dropped, Raven was at fault yesterday, as were most of the defence. He lost a header for their second goal, he lost his man last week for Dundee's goal, I could go on and on, I just don't rate him.

If you think he's one of the best RB's we have had I reckon you must have fallen out of the pram a couple of times in early life.

hahahaha what a hilariously bad football opinion you have... Wow

To my mind the actions of the young lads is of far less concern than the unbelievable lack of action of the stewards.  Had somebody come on the pitch and intended harm to one of the players they would have had all the time in the world.  If this is the level of response the stewards provide when someone enters the field of play, the club should be demanding money back from the stewarding company because they are clearly not doing what they are paid to do.

• Agree 3

If the club is fined for the incident it is the stewarding provider that should be paying it! The taller of the two invaders ran onto the pitch, scored a goal then ran all the way across to the corner flag ( where all stewards were standing) jumped the wall, ran past the stewards, think he might have given them a wee wave on the way past, then presumably made his escape via one of the open gates out the ground? The shorter invader did the same but this time one steward decided to tackle him and managed to detain him.

Are you just using "wee wave" as a tactful euphemism? The hand gesture I saw and which you can just catch on the You Tube clip might just have a rather more profound message than that, referring to a certain preferred means of sexual gratification. That was from the smaller of the two who also tried to pull the keeper's shorts down. It will be disappointing if he is not charged with assault.

There is a standard expression used in the teaching profession to describe guys like that.... "wee sh*tes" :laugh:

I did find it quite astonishing that the stewards were neither able to prevent the incident nor apprehend one of the two culprits. Maybe the stewards were too busy listening out for what they imagine to be racially motivated comments from home supporters - for which I understand there is already a precedent this season.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Never mind the stewards and this blame culture. What about individual responsibility?

Yes, every club has it's scum, but have you, or any of your friends ever thought it appropriate to cross barriers and violate the playing area?

The 'abuse' I've had over the weekend via texts etc,because of that incident...and not one comment about the score-line!

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.  

There were 2,700 at the game and a couple of blokes get on the pitch. If that was replicated at Parkhead, there'd be 60 odd guys over the barriers.

Awaiting a statement from the club or I won't be going back.

Never mind the stewards and this blame culture. What about individual responsibility?

Yes, every club has it's scum, but have you, or any of your friends ever thought it appropriate to cross barriers and violate the playing area?

The 'abuse' I've had over the weekend via texts etc,because of that incident...and not one comment about the score-line!

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.  

There were 2,700 at the game and a couple of blokes get on the pitch. If that was replicated at Parkhead, there'd be 60 odd guys over the barriers.

Two silly boys thinking they were smart and no doubt revelling in the attention that they are getting. I would like to think the club will make a statement. They have always seemed to try and do the right thing so far. Looking at your last sentence however, really?

It hasn't gone unnoticed. So embarrassing.

It was a stupid thing for them to do and I'm sure they'll be punished as they should be. Why on earth would you be getting abuse about it? Also why would you not go back if ICT don't make a statement? I'd be surprised if they did, probably want to give them as little attention as possible. Overreaction imo.

• Agree 1

Bad day at the office, it happens - get over it and move on.

Still 2nd in the League in mid Dec, one bad result and people are questioning the competency of the players, ability of the manager and commitment or our captain. Seriously get a grip, its ONE game!!!! All teams loose games.

I am confident Yogi will get it sorted. Yes we got humped but maybe that is a good thing and hopefully it will bring us back down to earth. Thoughts - wee Chrisie back in, Tremarco in at left back, Shinnie pushed forward (before he goes in January)? 

Total overreaction to the 2 boys on the pitch.  Yes it was totally unacceptable and some sort of punishment is needed but ban them for life??  Slightly over the top, even some convicted hooligans aren't banned for life.

The game. To be fair it was a fairly even 1st half, Partick took their chances and we didn't.  The second half however the players should be embarrassed with themselves.  After the 4th goal they just gave up and some of them didn't look like they were trying. It could have been a lot more than 4. Hopefully just a blip and we don't get bogged down at this time of year for the 3rd season in a row.

• Agree 2