Transfer Window approaching.

Guest Shaun

I'd like to think that we won't lose sight of trying to get other players signed up. Meekings has apparently been keen to sign a new deal with us and has said so twice in the last few weeks (or has been reported as saying so).

Let's get contracts on the go for the rest of these guys as soon as possible.

• Agree 3

I'd like to think that we won't lose sight of trying to get other players signed up. Meekings has apparently been keen to sign a new deal with us and has said so twice in the last few weeks (or has been reported as saying so).

Let's get contracts on the go for the rest of these guys as soon as possible.

Spoke to Meekings over the weekend and will definitely stay for at least 1 more year. If Caley offer him a 1 year deal he'd take it. The club would rather offer longer I'd presume but he's an ambitious guy and has been a regular for a number of years now in a succesful side and is still only 22. Another succesful year here and a bigger move down south could be on the cards.

Meekings is probably the most underrated player in the league

Agreed but we get compensation if he signs for another club so no real rush albeit I would love to see him resigned Asap for at least 2 years

• Agree 1

I don't know his contract situation, but what about Graham Carey?  Another wing back type who could be a good replacement for Shinnie.  He can play on the wing as well, so could go there if Watkins goes.

I'd place Meekings as one of the best defenders we have ever had. He's brilliant.

Don't say that. It'll just encourage him to ask for more than the club can afford!

Good point. Meekings is shite. Worse than Moshni in my opinion.

• Agree 1

So with Mckay's imminent departure, who should we replace him with?

Rory Loy - a suggestion made earlier by another poster, a good goalscorer for Falkirk but it was said that Hamilton were looking at him before they re-signed Jason Scotland so that suggests to me Hamilton were priced out.

James Keatings - another championship goalscorer. He doesn't seem to get ahead of Osman Sow or Zeefuik but when brought on he has scored goals for Hearts.

Nicky Clark - a player for Rangers that doesn't seem to get a chance but scored lots of goals when he was at QOTS, might be a cheaper option unless Rangers are difficult to deal with.

Scott McDonald - recently released by Milwall and he has a good track record up in Scotland scoring goals for Celtic and in the champions league. He could be a short term fix for the club if finances allow it.

Bahrudin Atajic - released by Celtic last transfer window and someone I have watched play a couple of times in the U20s and impressed me. I don't think he has a club yet so could be a possible option

Billy must have been on a decent wage. Hopefully between that and the fee we got we should be able to bring in at least one player.

Rory Loy is a great shout. With a contract expiring hopefully Falkirk would accept around 50k for his services. I must admit I like the idea of Scott Mcdonald too. His experience and ability at this level would be excellent.

I really rate Dominique Molonga at Hibs too but I doubt that would be possible.

I hope scouts are on lookout for a Striker before Saturday or more importantly, Mondays deadline.

I actually trust that they have been on lookout since yesterday when Billy was on way to Wigan for talks.

I hope scouts are on lookout for a Striker before Saturday or more importantly, Mondays deadline.

I actually trust that they have been on lookout since yesterday when Billy was on way to Wigan for talks.

I hope they have been on the lookout since long before that as it seemed somewhat inevitable a few months ago albeit we expected him to go at the end of the season not now ...

The scouts should always be on the lookout for players who can enhance or improve our team .... I expect we will muddle through on Saturday but agree we would ideally need someone in place asap 

• Agree 2

I like the idea of Ojamaa very much.

Was also looking at Lyle Taylor. He seems to be struggling for game time at Scunthorpe. Would a loan deal for him be a possibility.

I like the idea of Ojamaa very much.

Was also looking at Lyle Taylor. He seems to be struggling for game time at Scunthorpe. Would a loan deal for him be a possibility.

Hes off to Scandanavia I think,  he sounds good but scores about 4 goals  a season average for Motherwell.

I hope they have been on the lookout since long before that as it seemed somewhat inevitable a few months ago albeit we expected him to go at the end of the season not now ...

The scouts should always be on the lookout for players who can enhance or improve our team .... I expect we will muddle through on Saturday but agree we would ideally need someone in place asap 

Our chairman is quoted as saying we have contingency plans in place so I would expect a signing in the next couple of days.

Heard Big Yogi's interview on STV but not sure if he is confident of signings or not, what do you guys think if you heard it?

He did seem to hint at Nicky Ross and/or Ryan Christie may play upfront IF nothing happens before Monday.

Heard Big Yogi's interview on STV but not sure if he is confident of signings or not, what do you guys think if you heard it?

He did seem to hint at Nicky Ross and/or Ryan Christie may play upfront IF nothing happens before Monday.

The one on ICT YouTube is a lot better but it seemed to me we may have a new guy by Saturday.

Just read on twitter (taken from STV Sport, tweet by Chris Harvey) that its "loans" that John is looking at to replace Billy with a quote from John saying that "he is not a chequebook manager" so unless Rory Loy is a loan bid, he will be ruled out.