ie

Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Ross Draper ordered off for trying to avoid a lunging tackle and clattering another player .... bad decision according to Auldy !

two terrible refereeing decisions that seem to have had a massive effect on the game.  

seems to be different rules for St Johnstone !!! As Auldy is pointing out, there is no consistency in the decisions made !! at least two if not more yellows should have been handed out to the home side ....

Tight game, first goal was always gonna be vital. First half satisfactory. But then to lose because of an underhit backpass like that was pretty sickening. Mind you, looked like Graham's only intention was to win a penalty rather than score. Hard to tell if there was contact from where we were, but our players were incensed.

The red card seemed a bit harsh but there was perhaps a bit of needless aggression.  This all sparked some more urgency into our players, and a neat move resulted in Raven beating the keeper but not the post.  What does it say, though, when for 2 games in a row we have failed to score andf it's Dave the rave who has come closest.

Deano made 3 or 4 cracking saves, my MotM.  We, on the other hand, never tested Mannus.  Disappointing.

• Agree 2

Pretty much the only song that the Perth fans mustered today was one expressing a view that Doran's body mass index was higher than the optimum level. Or words to that effect.

I would have to agree, his shape is pretty shocking for this level, but he still managed to play pretty neat football and lasted OK, especially taking into account that he hasn't had much game time recently.

Pretty much the only song that the Perth fans mustered today was one expressing a view that Doran's body mass index was higher than the optimum level. Or words to that effect.

I would have to agree, his shape is pretty shocking for this level, but he still managed to play pretty neat football and lasted OK, especially taking into account that he hasn't had much game time recently.

Did the song mention pies per chance?

Disappointing game. I didn't see the Draper incident clearly but the penalty didn't look legitimate - and even St J fans I know who were at the match agreed. Throughout the match the referring was woeful, and pretty much all against ICT. Both teams looked OK at times, very average at others. Ryan Christie was the only ICT player that looked like he wanted the ball and was lively early on but faded as the match wore on. We passed the ball around well at times (sometimes even forwards - but not often) but too many times broke quite smartly then fizzled out for a lack of options in the final third. We seem to be suffering a curious (worrying/deadly) mixture of complacency and lacking confidence/creativity. Better hope it stops quickly or our slide down the table will continue  :sad:

• Agree 1

I've seen replays of both incidents, and both are called wrongly by Mr. Colvin. At the penalty, Graham doesn't start going down until he's beyond Brill and according to the keeper he didn't initially protest because he thought he was going to book Graham for the dive. The Draper sending off is laughable. He collects the ball, makes the pass and the Saints player comes through on him because he can't stop in time. Draper turns sideways and the player collides with him. Draper's hands are down by his sides, but the referee said after the game that he sent Draper off for violent conduct. The real reason he sent him off is that he was surrounded by St. Johnstone players shouting for blood. I can't disagree with the above post enough. Ryan Christie was far from the only player who wanted the ball and for the life of me I can't see what was complacent or lacking confidence today. At no point did St. Johnstone look like they were going to score from open play, we dominated posession and might have been luckier with Raven's effort that hit the post. The reason we lost was purely down to two decisions of dreadful officiating. Just watch the highlights on Alba and make your own mind up.