St Johnstone -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

The boy could never have got that ball had he not fallen down ,anyway.

The Joffre Ballet should hire this guy for Swan Lake . Graceful as a bird on the wing .

Video  replays have been recommended for years by yours truly but the Scottish Football  authorities do not want progressive changes at all. They are as complacent a bunch of  backward -looking people as one could ever wish to meet.

• Agree 1

The game should be replayed or the points confiscated........that would make managers discourage their players from doing this.  A two game ban is not sufficient punishment. 

We have been cheated and punished with a drop of three places, it is a costly blunder by any standard of refereeing and may also have cost us the league title!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 3

As I understand it, he would miss Dundee Utd plus another two games....as he's on loan from him then he's not available for that game and the ban pertains to his next two "Available" matches.

I'm not sure it works like that.  Isn't his "unavailability" for the Utd game just an arrangement between the two clubs rather than unavailability under SFA rules?

• Agree 1

As I understand it, he would miss Dundee Utd plus another two games....as he's on loan from him then he's not available for that game and the ban pertains to his next two "Available" matches.

I'm not sure it works like that.  Isn't his "unavailability" for the Utd game just an arrangement between the two clubs rather than unavailability under SFA rules?

Have looked at the rules and the reference is "Effective immediately to the player’s Recognised Team’s next two matches"....so the whole availability thing isn't actually a factor.  Pretty sure this must have changed in the past couple of seasons as I'm certain it used to refer to availability.

The game should be replayed or the points confiscated........that would make managers discourage their players from doing this.  A two game ban is not sufficient punishment. 

We have been cheated and punished with a drop of three places, it is a costly blunder by any standard of refereeing and may also have cost us the league title!!!!!!!!!!

Cheating is a disgrace and there should be a severe punishment but it's only right and practical that the punishment is directed at the player rather than the club.

• Agree 1

Remember that the referee was cheated too!!  It is slightly unfair to criticise the referee who had just a split second to make a decision.

Are you Yogi in disguise?

No and nor am I Boo Boo!!    Graham has been charged under Disciplinary Rule 201, which states “No player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect decision…….by an act of simulation which results in that player’s team being awarded a penalty kick…….”

Remember that the referee was cheated too!!  It is slightly unfair to criticise the referee who had just a split second to make a decision.

Exactly why camera evidence should be used during such incidents in a game.

Kingsmills, my argument is based on the fact that referees are very often in the wrong position at such times and that is where blunders come in.

Also if Clubs were penalised then managers and management would soon start discouraging such actions. I am quite sure that as it stands now some managers and management are secretly pleased to win any game fairly or unfairly, all that matters to them is that it's all about money in the end.

Bring back some principles into the game then there would be less cheating...........Mind you, that could be said about life in general.

• Agree 1

Well done to the governing body and the Compliance officer. Would like to see an automatic deduction of at least 1 point against the club though. They have benefited.  Perhaps there could be cumulative penalties - 1 pt for first offence, 2 for 2nd and so on.

• Agree 3

I would describe St Johnstone as a very fair and honest club. However, they do have a responsibility to keep their employees under control. At some stage, a governing body will be forced, like the Bosman ruling, into compensating a company such as Inverness Caledonian Football Club Limited. Technically the SFA can award points for various reasons. In business, causing instant damage to the company or employer by an employee's misconduct, can be subject to instant dismissal. If that position had been made clear to Graham, his dive might have been less theatrical.

Swan Lake Ballet Company here ladies and chents.

Vat is ze telee number of Saint Joh-stoine Footballer Club. We are verreee anxious to contact ze parabolic  flying Wallenda guy.

Looks like he fit in very good in Moscow theater --prinicipal dancer has hurt a leg-up.

Me substitute of zee Principal but too much work has spraned my buttock and verryee  much like brilliance of footie man with ellegince and grace. he help me get top performance and if I fall from gracie then he put on my make-up and take place of baronski Hot Puce in Flight of the Bumbill Bee.  He has nice butticks too, perhaps  we get along real good. eh?

Good to see him being punished for cheating. I agree that it should be the player that is penalised, but I also feel some discomfort that his team benefits in the short term (by at least 2 points in this case). In the longer-term St J might pay a penalty(!) through his absence from 2 games, but that doesn't sdo us much good! Uncomfortable as it is, however, I don't think retrospective points deductions or replays etc is an option - it would just become a farce over the season. I think we just have to swallow the bitter pill and take our frustration out on Aberdeen!

• Agree 1

He's only missing one game, as he'd be missing the Utd one anyway.

So, by diving, he gets:

1) 3 points for his team

2) win bonus

3) goal bonus

4) post-match adulation from fans and teammates

And just misses one game as a result. Not much of a deterent, is it.

The annoying thing is that the Scotish media is so weak and toothless. Next time he's up for interview, will anyof the journos ask him why he launched himself into the air half when he was still a foot away from Brill? No, of course not.  He won't be villified at all and it'll all be forgotten by tomorrow.  Except by us.

• Agree 3

Having found against him both teams should share the points, as in a draw. Anything else is utterly ridiculous IMHO.

So diving is now a proven way of benefitting the team. What a farce. If such is against the rules then our team must have retribution. Otherwise the whole scenario is a farce..

The top brass at ICT should launch a formal complaint and ask for retribution and an award.

That point may be the difference between going into Europe and not going in. Definitely a valid complaint.

Cause a stink, CaleyThistle. Stop the rot now before it develops into a very serious disease.

You should, because it's only the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

• Agree 1

It would probably be setting a dangerous precedent for games to be replayed or points retrospectively deducted - it would descend into farce.

It really would open the proverbial can of worms. The season would end sometime in July with all the games backlogged. You'd leave a game not knowing if what you'd just witnessed was the 'proper' game or will it have to be replayed.

Imagine the following scenario with David Currie in the Sportscene studio "And now the classified results. Aberdeen 2 Kilmarnock 1 - this is a provisional result as Kilmarnock are contesting the penalty awarded to Aberdeen.

Celtic 2, Dundee United 0. This is also provisional as Jackie McNamara is convinced both Celtic's goals were offside.

St Mirren 2, Motherwell 3. Provisional. St Mirren are convinced that a Motherwell player handled the ball in the lead up to the 'winning' goal.

No point showing you the Premiership table on a Saturday afternoon - those days are gone - the table is published now on a Wednesday evening after the match videos have been scrutinised!"

Yes, it's a daft example but that's where we could end up. Results should be left alone - even if a team's been 'wronged'. Like in all walks of life, sometimes there are 'injustices'. Every club experiences incorrect refereeing calls and human error will always be part of the game.

I'm actually pleased to see a mechanism in place that I wasn't aware of - the retrospective citing of players by the Compliance Officer. This should be applauded, but perhaps a longer suspension for simulation is needed.

It's a cancer in the game and is so deeply entrenched, as is any attempt to gain an unfair advantage. You all too often hear of mangers, pundits, ex-players, current players, journalists and fans talking about "he was too honest", "he should have gone down", "that was a 'good' foul to give away" etc.

Who'd be a referee?!!

I'm over this incident now. Going to enjoy Xmas and then look forward to the games coming thick-and-fast until the end of January, while keeping my fingers crossed we can escape the transfer window intact. There's a lot to play for at ICT, we can't afford to dwell much longer on this.

Merry Christmas! :smile: