FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for New Years day.

Guest Shaun

Has anybody got any proof that the pitch is narrower? I think it's an urban myth or an optical illusion!

Although pitch widths are allowed to be of varying size, all penalty areas are the same dimensions. With that in mind, and using Google's (or others) overhead views, it's apparent that the distances between the edges of the penalty-areas to the touchlines are virtually identical in both grounds.

I think that's right? I think it seems narrower due to the stands being much nearer the pitch?

• Agree 1

Doran doesn't merit a starting spot after his performance against Aberdeen, made some impact off the bench in games this season but was a complete nonentity on Sunday.

Don't get this with the stick Doran got on Sunday. He wasn't at his best but was by no means the worst on the pitch and to say he was a nonentity is ridiculous. He poses an attacking threat from either wing and is a creative player but only if he gets the ball which wasn't always the case on Sunday.
  • Agree 1

Has anybody got any proof that the pitch is narrower? I think it's an urban myth or an optical illusion!

Although pitch widths are allowed to be of varying size, all penalty areas are the same dimensions. With that in mind, and using Google's (or others) overhead views, it's apparent that the distances between the edges of the penalty-areas to the touchlines are virtually identical in both grounds.

I think that's right? I think it seems narrower due to the stands being much nearer the pitch?

We had the same debate last year.  Whether the pitch is bigger, smaller or the same size the fact is we beat them 3-0 and played them off the park with one of the best performances I've seen from any ICT team.  Same again would be good.

By the way, I understand that County still have plenty tickets for sale and are surprised that ICT shut up shop early for New Year and didn't want more tickets once the original 1,000 were sold.

We had the same debate last year.  Whether the pitch is bigger, smaller or the same size the fact is we beat them 3-0 and played them off the park with one of the best performances I've seen from any ICT team.  Same again would be good.

By the way, I understand that County still have plenty tickets for sale and are surprised that ICT shut up shop early for New Year and didn't want more tickets once the original 1,000 were sold.

Inverness pitch is, I believe 115 x 75 yards whilst Dingwall is 100 x 75. Shorter but same width. Ourselves, Hamilton and St Johnstone have same dimensions. All others are either narrower or shorter. Info from http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/ so may not be up to date.

We had the same debate last year. Whether the pitch is bigger, smaller or the same size the fact is we beat them 3-0 and played them off the park with one of the best performances I've seen from any ICT team. Same again would be good.

Why would ICT pay staff to sell tickets for another club? ICT ran out and the directed fans to buy through County and collect tomorrow.

BTW County cancelled their bus from the north due to lack of interest

• Agree 1