Ross County -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

County may not be all that bad :blink:.................  It is just that we are so much better :wink:

Hope they stay up so that we can keep getting points of them..... :lol:

I fear that's our last visit to cabbagetown for a few years........

A great start to the New Year - fantastic win yesterday.

It's so refreshing to be at the half-way point in the league and into January and just 5 points separate FIVE clubs!!! And Celtic aren't top!

No time to rest-on-our-laurels though, with still another 6 Premiership games this month! It's often January that shapes many clubs' seasons.

We're really well placed for top-six - but won't look any further than that for now.

County look in trouble - even Jim McIntyre was sounding a little down beat - almost resigned to the reality. They have a fight on their hands - but St. Mirren are just as poor so they might be okay! And I thought Motherwell were going to sort themselves out but losing 5-0 to Hamilton suggests something's very wrong there - so all is not lost for County.

I enjoy the derbies so, from a personal point of view, I hope they stay up. With a 'big' team likely replacing them, I doubt our club would feel any financial loss from a potential County relegation. I'd certainly prefer games against County that Hibs, Hearts or Rangers!

• Agree 4

Just in the door after a fair number of pints pre and post match

Thought we were very impressive and we controlled the entire 90mins albeit against an extremely poor County who in my option are now destined for the championship

Shame really because I think both clubs need each other in the same league for financial reasons but who knows they might go on a signing spree again this month

Also quite impressed with our support hard to tell did we sell the entire end but there were very few empty seats near me

Even the atmosphere was pretty good at times pity it wasn't like this at the dump because I could tell it really inspired the players

Dougal

You seem upbeat considering you lost.

^^^^^

Desperate to see his beloved Orcs back in Inverness

Dougal

Great to see a much more positive game plan with us looking to get forward with pace and width.  The result was a much more exciting game and plenty of goal scoring opportunities.  I thought everyone played pretty well and looked comfortable with the positive approach.  A great away support as well - whilst disappointing not to have sold all the seats there was great vocal support which was clearly appreciated by the players.

County were disappointing both in the quality of their play and in their attitude.  They were always a nasty side under Adams and it is disappointing that under the new manager not much has changed.  They were lucky the referee was in a charitable mood and only game them 5 yellows. 

Just seen the highlights. Thought Scotty Boyd was possibly offside at their goal, standing right in front of Brill about 3 yds out. Possibly played onside by Shinnie but hard to tell.

Give them a break a wee one goal Christmas pressie won't hurt us

Just seen the highlights. Thought Scotty Boyd was possibly offside at their goal, standing right in front of Brill about 3 yds out. Possibly played onside by Shinnie but hard to tell.

Give them a break a wee one goal Christmas pressie won't hurt us

Yo Ho Ho !

May just be the goal that keeps them up....

Ah Over The Bridge as it's best eh!

2ezmlnt.png

Comedy Gold that thread! I don't have an account but will admit that having a wee read is a guilty pleasure of mine! They are bitter rant they? Also if was the refs fault they lost yesterday apparently not the fact they were played off the pitch.....lol

• Agree 3

Ah Over The Bridge as it's best eh!

2ezmlnt.png

Little Britain's Vicky Pollard. Yeah but no but yeah they had more fans, but really not cos if we were playing away from home we would have had more but we wouldn't go to their ground and they only had more fans cos they are near the top and we are bottom but we are better cos if we had been as good as them we would have beaten ourselves by a lot more goals and anyway Aberdeen had more fans!

• Agree 5

Yeah, It is a laugh reading some of their posts. They were even claiming marley should of got red carded after irvine was trying to rip his shirt of his back.

Then again, maybe irvine wanted to put on the shirt of a decent team for a change haha

• Agree 1

They are a very very bitter group of fans for some reason. In the New Year game here last season they were giving all sorts of pathetic excuses why they weren't coming from there's no transport to I'm not giving them my money. Now they're having a go at us for taking a decent crowd to a derby game.

I can only assume that they struggle to cope with dispite them having a moneybags chairman, great stadium, 'being a fantastic community club' , having more supporters etc etc (at least that's what they propagate) we still dominate them and have done so for years.

It pleases me we upset them so much.

• Agree 7

Have to admit that its a guilty pleasure of mine to go on OTB after a derby victory. Pure comic gold some of the delusional babble you get. And i have found it appears to be the same ones who are the most bitter. The likes of forfinn, Fleakeuy, brora boy and frankthetank are the worst, Calling us 'dump rats' or t i n k s haha. Some of the favourite repeated quotes is that we are cheats and hackers with have a vile set of players who have the referees conned.....truely hilarious at times.

Then ofcourse there are the utter mutants on facebook and twitter who just take the biscuit. The 'county ultras' for example are propa nawghty....

I think the best line iv heard on facebook is that they are still better because their ground has 4 stands and not 3 lol. (The fact that we still have 1500 more seats with 3 doesnt come into it eh)

Like Fraz says, its no surprise really they are so bitter towards us as we have continually been the better side/club/fans for all of 20 years now. We truely are the Big Team!

Oh and on another note i see another one of their favourite quotes 'we still have noisier fans' has all but disapeared. They'll never admit it, but i reckon they have finally realised what utter tripe it is. For example we took i reckon 1800 on Thursday. The same fixture last year they had 750 and only 400 for a sunny october day when all transport links were unaffected. Thats 1150 over two games.........exactly!

Not to mention how fliping loud we were on Thursday! It was just truly class, honestly the passion shown by our fans was first class and the players clearly appreciated the support, and likewise the county players were feart by it! Brittain got abused to shreds at one corner and then spent the rest of the game as far away from us as possible haha. It just goes to show what we are capable of atmosphere wise. Its ashame we cant get the same passion at home. I wonder if the close proximity of the stands to the pitch affects that?

Anyway i have kinda went on a bit now. But as u can probably tell.......i had a right feckin good time on Thursday :)

• Agree 5

In among the bitter nonsense there can be the occasional uncomfortable truth which we can be reluctant to own up to.  Whilst we did see a bit of an increase in the home attendance against Aberdeen it was still disappointing for a "winner goes 2nd" match against North rivals.  It is also true that our fans were pretty quiet on that occasion.  We get large numbers of noisy support OTB and it does seem to be the case there are some who reserve their support for ICT for games against County.  If the some of the vocal support generated in Dingwall could be transferred to routine home games it would make a massive difference to the atmosphere which in turn would have a positive effect on the team and attendances. 

After a large and noisy turnout at Dingwall, are we going to revert to a sub 3,000 crowd on Sunday with just occasional bursts of support from time to time.?

• Agree 1

At almost any ground man for man the away support makes more noise. I've seen us make more noise at Septic Park / Ibrokes than the home support.

Rather than as per usual moaning about our home support lets give credit, at least for a couple of days, to those who made the trip in far greater numbers than the seething Ross-Shire mob bothered to.

• Agree 7

In among the bitter nonsense there can be the occasional uncomfortable truth which we can be reluctant to own up to.  Whilst we did see a bit of an increase in the home attendance against Aberdeen it was still disappointing for a "winner goes 2nd" match against North rivals.  It is also true that our fans were pretty quiet on that occasion.  We get large numbers of noisy support OTB and it does seem to be the case there are some who reserve their support for ICT for games against County.  If the some of the vocal support generated in Dingwall could be transferred to routine home games it would make a massive difference to the atmosphere which in turn would have a positive effect on the team and attendances. 

After a large and noisy turnout at Dingwall, are we going to revert to a sub 3,000 crowd on Sunday with just occasional bursts of support from time to time.?

I think we all realise that DD! Let us have a bit of fun tho mocking our bitter rivals?

• Agree 2

A derby game during festive holiday will always attract a bigger crowd . Possibly the only game certain people attend in the year or possibly can attend due to them being abroad for the rest of the season !

I respect those attending on that basis far more than those that live in inverness and should support ICT but elect to travel to Glasgow every 2 nd week

As time goes by and the team consistently remain in top six our fan base will grow we are after all a very young football club with lots going for us and we should remember and enjoy what we have

• Agree 1

I think the best line iv heard on facebook is that they are still better because their ground has 4 stands and not 3 lol. (The fact that we still have 1500 more seats with 3 doesnt come into it eh)

Viccy Park used to be a good wee ground back in the day. When County won promotion to the SPL there was a load of hot air about what a fabby wee stadium it would be, but I was warning anybody that would listen that it would turn into a library once they got all those new seats.