Inverness CT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

Just watched the highlights.  Neat goal by Billy after great work by Tansey and, especially Raven.  Hopefully that will help improve Billy's confidence to  get him  back to his best soon. He does seem to need  a lot more chances per goal scored this season, as evidenced by the 'one on one sitter' he missed in the first half.

However, a win is a win and another 3 points in the bag.  That'll do for me.

• Agree 1

Thank You RiG.....thought I was the only one that had Raven beating Tesselaar and not Goodwin.

My mistake, with Goodwin laid flat out after the goal I thought it was him. Quite frankly skinning Tesselar just doesn't seen quite as fun.

From the highlights clip it appears it is actually McLean who Raven skins.  But frankly, who cares who it was!  It was a great goal and worth the admission money on its own.

• Agree 4

Two sapping games in a short period of time, played on sapping pitches. Coming on the back of two defeats, both games on a hiding to nothing - local bragging rights in one and a team bent on a 1-0 in the other - both looking for much needed points. An the best ever festive season in a long time !! Personally I feel that it is always better to have a look from the stand at times as you evidently get a better perspective. A lot of bigger clubs have lookouts in both. Our problem is inconsistency in performance - putting in a blinder and then a crapper - that is so frustrating and leads to negativity - but it is acceptable to provide criticism if you pay your fare and your comments are acceptable.

I can't see how playing Shinnie instead if Draper was linked to the former leaving. It would be the other way if that was the case. I also do not understand Yogis usage of Nick Ross. Plastic pitch up next though and that should actually suit us as should Hamilton later in the month. Again although there has been frustrating inconsistency in performances our point tally and position are better than we could have expected. All will depend on who goes out the transfer window.

• Agree 1

Not a great performance but a wins a win.  We've had a lot of games recently and 2 of them had a derby feel so yesterday was ok. One thing that was good to see, was that Gary Teale was totally dignified and and wasn;t just appealing and shouting for anything and everything even when they know they're wrong.  More Gary Teale's and less McInnes, Darren Jackson and the laughable Alex Neil.

• Agree 1

Shouldn't really complain a win is win after all. Though we did make a complete chore of it again.

I was hoping we would come out and get straight at them like Thursday but it just didn't happen. For example the first min of the game Tremarco went charging down the left, passed inside to Doran who passed to Christie on edge of box, who turned and passed back the passed back then it was back with Josh. And i thought to myself, Flip here we go again. And thats how it was for the whole game, no urgency, no speed, no dynamic play. Also Mckay had great chance and blew it in 1st half. He really should have squared it and not been selfish, that for me wasnt good enough!

But again its 3 points, so it worked. I just hope after a full week we can get back to how we were on Thursday!

Another dreadful performance! you would think all these guys looking for new teams would try a bit harder!

Most of them should have been up the tunnel. Only Raven had real application to the task.

Even the manager left the stage for at least 10 minutes. - Just disgraceful  who employs him ICT or Gary Teal?

I am informed that he had to take a call from Norwich and it did last 10 minutes.

Just realised that Tansey's booking takes him to 6 for the season - I assume a one-game suspension. But for what game? Probably not the Killie game, but more likely the following match?

After the Draper yellow card scenario, will probably be Dundee United game.

Not a great performance but a wins a win.  We've had a lot of games recently and 2 of them had a derby feel so yesterday was ok. One thing that was good to see, was that Gary Teale was totally dignified and and wasn;t just appealing and shouting for anything and everything even when they know they're wrong.  More Gary Teale's and less McInnes, Darren Jackson and the laughable Alex Neil.

The 'laughable' Alex Neil will be doing some laughing of his own after quadrupling his salary at Norwich!

John Hughes has been in the Inverness job for little over a year, but is now 6th longest serving in the Premiership and 16th longest of the 42 managers in the SPFL!

Not a great performance but a wins a win. We've had a lot of games recently and 2 of them had a derby feel so yesterday was ok. One thing that was good to see, was that Gary Teale was totally dignified and and wasn;t just appealing and shouting for anything and everything even when they know they're wrong. More Gary Teale's and less McInnes, Darren Jackson and the laughable Alex Neil.

The 'laughable' Alex Neil will be doing some laughing of his own after quadrupling his salary at Norwich!

John Hughes has been in the Inverness job for little over a year, but is now 6th longest serving in the Premiership and 16th longest of the 42 managers in the SPFL!

I never said he was a bad manager. But he is a total ungracious ****. He reminds me of Derek adams

• Agree 1

Thank You RiG.....thought I was the only one that had Raven beating Tesselaar and not Goodwin.

My mistake, with Goodwin laid flat out after the goal I thought it was him. Quite frankly skinning Tesselar just doesn't seen quite as fun.

From the highlights clip it appears it is actually McLean who Raven skins. But frankly, who cares who it was! It was a great goal and worth the admission money on its own.

Watched Sportscene yesterday and you're right it is McLean.

Just realised that Tansey's booking takes him to 6 for the season - I assume a one-game suspension. But for what game? Probably not the Killie game, but more likely the following match?

After the Draper yellow card scenario, will probably be Dundee United game.

I think as the St Mirren was on a Sunday, the Tansey suspension does not start until any game from the 18th Jan onwards. So I think he should be able to play v Dundee Utd then will be suspended for the game after that. Could be wrong though!