Disgrace that is the Ferry of today

C.B, I was thinking the same thing. Every time I see it I cringe and sweat comes out in me hands! :smile:

The background must have been superimposed after the shot was taken because these guys are far too casual for such a height. One of them is even sitting turned, and almost half off, the metal beam. Also there probably was a safety net below, though. :laugh:

Oh,  and a little aside...in North America they employed native Indians for these very high-rig jobs because they were so sure footed.

And this trait and these jobs were passed down father to son decade after decade. And, yes, these fellas did walk along these large beams at very high levels often without safety nets below. To watch them on film is awesome .

That one is looking across Thornbush Road from Anderson Street, I think it was an old mill which was demolished and now the Plum Centre, I am not sure if the building on the right is still there but I think it is now an open yard.

Is that the Haugh Bar?

It is weeman, the pub I frequented in my younger days was run by Alex and Marian a Danish couple and wee Bob the grumpy barman who was at his best when shouting last orders at 10 to 10  :sad:   There was an indoor rifle range up the lane behind the bar and Brian Macgregor's garage.

• 2 weeks later...