Disgrace that is the Ferry of today

IHE if post and picture no. 99 is North Kessock then the house on the top of the hill which is the one on  the extreme left is where I was sometimes taken by my next door neighbor with my sister for a couple of weeks; holiday.

I have been trying to remember the name of that hill or the name of the extreme left cottage on the line of cottages.built on it. ........ Anyone?

Take it you mean Ord Hill but I thought that you would more likely to have stayed here

The "Catch My Pal" Temperance (ie total abstinence) organisation used to run a football team in the Juniors. The Grant Street hall is in a really sorry state now but I believe it may be set to be refurbished.

Post 104 by IHE... :crazy:  :cheer01:

Hardly suitable for a budding Pimple old chap. The doors would have had to be altered to a much more rounded shape to allow me entry since as a young lad I ate like a horse.

Ord Hill.......Ibelieve you are spot on  my good man.

Now if you can tell me the name of the cottage on the top left of that line of small cottages I will be forever in your debt. :notworthy:

IHE if post and picture no. 99 is North Kessock then the house on the top of the hill which is the one on  the extreme left is where I was sometimes taken by my next door neighbor with my sister for a couple of weeks; holiday.

I have been trying to remember the name of that hill or the name of the extreme left cottage on the line of cottages.built on it. ........ Anyone?

There is one of them (not sure which one) had a red tin roof it was Logan Cottage

Take it you mean Ord Hill but I thought that you would more likely to have stayed here

I am sure I red that they had got funding to do up the old hall which would be good to see it being used again.  I went to judo a couple of times about 1969 but didn't like being thrown about so never went back and was not interested in the boxing either.  The shop painted yellow used to be Mackay the butcher!

The cottage on the left was conjoined on the right with another, Both probably had tin roofs. Much farther to the right, after a nice walk, one came to "The Roundel"., a clearing amongst the trees where we often went for a picnic.

At the bottom of the Hill, on the right side of the picture, there was a farm . The name Paterson springs to mind but I can't say that was the name of the farmer.

Good input friends. Brings back more memories of gentler and slower times when simple things were a joy . :clapping: .

One way of cutting off the Ferry

I was actually on the scene on the night in February 1989 when the railway bridge collapsed. I didn't see the worst of it but witnessed the latter stages. It was a very strange feeling!

me too ... but just as a gawker. it was pretty awesome in a destructive sort of way.