Kilmarnock -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Two cracking goals from Billy, set up well by Ross. 

Hate to say it but the penalty looks almost as bad as the David Graham situation. The only difference being that Raven actually made contact, but nowhere near enough to take him down. Magennis actually takes a couple of steps after the challenge before deciding to fall over. Shocking stuff.

Edited by AlexJones

Great match summary from RiG. Cheers. I won't need to watch the highlights later!

Actually, I got that clip to play, whereas, the previous clip, kindly posted by Scotty didn't work for me...

Got to concede the pitch looked lovely. I'm slowly coming round to the idea of artificial pitches. They're so much improved from the original versions of the late 80s.

As for the game, wonderful win - two well taken goals, and another comeback win!

Although, I can see a similarity in the Gazza goal, the way Chick Young was 'going on' you'd think it was a precise replica!

I have to disagree with AlexJones on the penalty. I've played it back at frame-by-frame and Raven certainly takes the guys legs and doesn't make contact with the ball. His reaction was telling - instantly 'walking' - and he deserves credit for that.

But I still think the sending-off and penalty is such a double-whammy. In my view, a professional foul outside the box should be a sending-off and free-kick.

Bu, inside the area, then a booking and penalty-kick should suffice.

It's not 'sour grapes', as I realise that Raven would still have been dismissed under the 'rules' I'm suggesting.

But, well done ICT - a fabulous start to the year - 100% in 2015! Top-Six is virtually booked now. A gap is opening up between the leading five clubs and the rest.

Despite a nauseating Dons love-in on Sportsound on Saturday afternoon, little do these pundits realise that if we secure a place in the top 5 this season, then only Celtic and ICT will have achieved that level of consistency over the past 3 seasons.

Many assumed our bubble had burst - but it clearly hasn't - we were just having our usual xmas break!

And to be fair, nobody at the club, or indeed on here were particularly hitting any panic buttons. 41 points is already more than 7th place at the end of last season!   :smile:

Scotty's clip would not become live in UK until after 18:00, it should work now. It's the same video's anyway. You could have viewed it through a proxy server, ie proxfree prior to that.

Scotty's clip would not become live in UK until after 18:00, it should work now. It's the same video's anyway. You could have viewed it through a proxy server, ie proxfree prior to that.

Thank you. That's probably what happened! I would have viewed the 'first' one (Scotty's) b4 6pm and got nothing but then the match-report 'insert' worked - as it was after 6pm!

It's a funny-old-game when 'folk-in-Canada' (Scotty) can watch highlights before we can in Scotland!

Can you imagine us watching Toronto games on YouTube and telling Scotty he must see the opening goal when it eventually becomes available in his area?

No...neither can I! :lol:

• Agree 1

Those are a couple of really top quality goals from Billy.  It looks as though he has regained his striker's confidence and that bodes well for the future.  I loved the determination he showed in winning the ball for the second and the composed and measured finish after his great run.  Good supporting work from Nick too.

• Agree 1

Great three points with ten men, now we just need to wait for the Dons bubble to burst!!

Am I the only one here who, far from wanting their bubble to burst, would like Aberdeen to win all but two games between now and the end of the season and, at last, break the tedious and damaging Glasgow stranglehold on the league title ?

Great three points with ten men, now we just need to wait for the Dons bubble to burst!!

Am I the only one here who, far from wanting their bubble to burst, would like Aberdeen to win all but two games between now and the end of the season and, at last, break the tedious and damaging Glasgow stranglehold on the league title ?

No. In all honestly, I would like to see Aberdeen win the title rather than Celtic. Even better would be ICT winning it but while I would truly love that to be the case, don't think it will happen. Until it is mathematically impossible however, keep believing!!

• Agree 1

Don't give  up hope, our lads will do their best, The Dons were lucky against us and are just scraping wins at the moment.......... Celtic, well they are still a bit shaky they wont win all the rest of their games. Having said that the transfer market can create differences one way or another.

It has been an interesting league this season showing great achievement for ICT,  I suspect there are surprises ahead shocks, disasters and triumphs. It shouldn't be a dull finish to the season I am enjoying it.

Far from wanting our bubble to burst, if Aberdeen were to win all but two games and we were to win all of ours, we'd win the title and they would be 2nd.  Celtic would be 3rd at best.  We can always dream, but certainly I would far rather Aberdeen won the title than Celtic. 

• Agree 1

Can't see Aberdeen scraping narrow wins against the run of play for an entire season. The bubble will burst soon enough. I wouldn't put my mortgage on them finishing in the top 3, let alone winning the title.

Edited by AlexJones

Looking  at the highlights for second goal I think a lot of credit must go to Nick Ross for his quick thinking pass back. Many a player would have tried to go it alone in that situation.

I've not been able to get to a game this season (Hopefully Tannadice on Saturday) and have only seen highlights or TV matches but what a difference. This is a team playing as a team and playing some really good football. Our style of play is well suited to plastic pitch and allows us to control the ball and control the game. Well done on the win.

• Agree 4

Aberdeen are our direct competitors, they already have more resources off the pitch and can pay higher wages. They have just written off £14m in debt so that will likely lead to them further investing. Any success they have on the park is to our detriment and to even pretend other wise is madness.

• Agree 1

And Aberdeen are getting much, much larger crowds than us. So,if that kind of interest from the Aberdonian fans continues then  they are also likely to continue to be successful.

Which will make our own continued success as being all the more remarkable won't it?

Actually, our success in the face of our minimalistic crowd base is incredible. And a great tribute to the management and the new manager and , not to mention, the spirit of the players and the club. What teamwork is that?.. FANTASTIC.

Nevertheless, if they were to win rather than Celtic, I would be quietly pleased. Not overjoyed but Q.P.

• Agree 2