Kilmarnock -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

'19' by Paul Hardcastle was no. 1 in the Top 40 the last time a club outwith the Glasgow duopoly won the league.

Very few folk under 40 years old will remember anything other than a Celtic or Rangers win - that's staggering!

Although, I can't see it materialising, I'd 'celebrate' another club breaking the stranglehold. It would be a shot-in-the-arm for Scottish football.

But, I do understand how others see it differently. For example, RiG, RossP and others who are based in the Granite City. I used to live/work in Aberdeen and appreciate the Dons fans can be insufferable at the best of times!

Problem for the Dons is whether the players have the mental strength, if they beat DUtd in the League cup semi and presumably meet Celtic - will they implode if they loose that final? The Dons have a great chance in the League meeting Celtic just after they play Inter Milan - that is a huge game if the Dons are serious about the title. So to win the league I think they need to beat Celtic twice - in the cup and then the league game, but cant see either happening.

I expect that between now and the end of the season, Aberdeen will drop points where they shouldn't and Celtic will grind out results - with possibly us being the only team to beat Celtic before the season ends. Sadly neither have looked overly impressive sides when we played them, so perhaps we still have a chance but I think if we made top 3 or 4 then that would be a massive result for us and our provincial club - especially if it means 3 of the top 4 aren't central belt or west coast!!!

I'd jump off a cliff if Aberdeen won the title. This place was bad enough when they won the League Cup.

Are people liking that post because they agree with the sentiment or because I might have to jump off a cliff!? :laugh:

• Agree 3

I'd jump off a cliff if Aberdeen won the title. This place was bad enough when they won the League Cup.

Are people liking that post because they agree with the sentiment or because I might have to jump off a cliff!? :laugh:

:ponder:

Match on Alba at 2230 tomorrow, if you have power to be able to watch it.

We were lucky in Thurso with no power loss which surprised me with force of winds we had, about 95mph :O.

I see you're in Thurso.  Would you mind heading to the golf course to see if Mahonio's ok?  Haven't heard from him in a while and I hope he hasn't been blown away! 

• Agree 2