James Vincent

Big G

• 3 months later...

Leaving at the end of season. Contract to be terminated by mutual consent. Rumour at Kilmarnock not far off the mark then.

I heard that at Kilmarnock as well from a pretty good source.  Seemingly wants to move back to England which is fair enough.  The fact he was a first team regular and then all of sudden hardly ever plays is pretty telling I think.

Quality player. Would have been a mainstay in our team but for injury and our settled formation.

Given game-time, he'll be an asset to any team - but I can understand him wanting to move on. However, he was happy to sign for two-years and is contracted until the end of next season, so we should keep him. Isn't that what contracts are for?! He's hardly a peripheral member of the squad.....

• Agree 1

If he is under Contract can we not put him on the Transfer List. Would hate to lose the opportunity of making some dosh.

Never really hit the heights of the  couple of months when he first arrived and was even looked at as a future N Ireland player. To be fair he seemed to play in a few positions not really settling in any. Always thought of him as a holding midfielder never as a wide player though.

Can understand his frustrations at his limited appearances though.

I always thought he looked decent playing just behind the striker whilst dropping back a bit to strengthen central midfield. Sadly for Vincent we have a number of players who can play just as well if not better behind the forward (Christie for example) and we are now set up to dominate games much more that any dropping back to help out Tansey and Draper is not needed quite so much.

• 1 month later...

I think I recall someone saying to him on Twitter a few weeks ago he should stick around for Europe next season and he replied he was looking forward to it.

• Agree 1

Back in January/April you can obviously understand why Vincent would possibly want to leave the club due to lack of first team games. Now that Vincent has been given more games and scored the winning goal for the Scottish cup, then there is no surprise he is going to stay when he has a year left on his contract.

Jamie Vincent has been a great acquisition for us.  Problem is he was never played in his correct position due to the rise of Ryan Christie, and the solid pairing of Draper and Tansey.  He is not a winger.

Vincent has also been a little unfortunate with injury or I suspect he would have had a more regular starting berth.

His misfortune, however, has been to the benefit of Ryan Christie...and all credit to him for grasping the opportunity with both hands. At the start of the season Yogi stated that he would be looking to give him (Ryan) about 15 games and he's finished with twice as many starts as that and a dozen sub appearances on top.