Anyone Recognise ?

Oh no!  Who knew that Inverness had so many identical buildings?  🙂

Anyway, I am off out now for my permitted exercise, and may be some time.  Not sure how many people I am allowed to talk to when I'm out, but I will stay alert.

Maybe Mantis can have a go at this one when he gets up.

That's it 👍 I think the barber was Geordie Horn but I might be wrong. He was better than the grumpy barber that I first went to in Grant Street after moving into Inverness 

19 hours ago, IBM said:

Where is this?

SC01642239.jpg

Wow, its definitely close to the same look. I guess a few streets do look very similar (when you give allowance for redevelopment and renovations that took place over the years ).... Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, weeman said:

I used to go Geordie Horn when he was in Church Street, somewhere around about Bow Court

Was he in Celt St late 60's to 70's or that might not have been him he was small and bald?

15 minutes ago, IBM said:

Was he in Celt St late 60's to 70's or that might not have been him he was small and bald?

He was in Church Street in 1970 when I stopped getting my hair cut. He was also there for a good few years before that. I can't really remember what he looked like. He had another younger barber worked with him who had ginger hair. You always got a penny dainty after getting a haircut.

31 minutes ago, weeman said:

He was in Church Street in 1970 when I stopped getting my hair cut. He was also there for a good few years before that. I can't really remember what he looked like. He had another younger barber worked with him who had ginger hair. You always got a penny dainty after getting a haircut.

I think I have the wrong name someone might remember who the barber was on Celt Street.

Here is an easier one.

SC01825087.jpg

Pretty certain that is Friar's street and the white brick on the right is the corner of that wee house where the guy made Targes and displayed them in the window ? 

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Pretty certain that is Friar's street and the white brick on the right is the corner of that wee house where the guy made Targes and displayed them in the window ? 

That's right but I can't remember what the white building on the corner was.

Could it have been a printers?

Edited by IBM
more info

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, Culduthel. Just opposite Southside Rd you’ll see the gate. Sandy Macdonald from Lewis and his wife Laurna from Shetland. Had Shetland Originals shop where Shapla is now. Uncle and Auntie of Mrs Mantis but both long gone.
I take it the cars are a bit dark for you 😉

12 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Aye, Culduthel. Just opposite Southside Rd you’ll see the gate. Sandy Macdonald from Lewis and his wife Laurna from Shetland. Had Shetland Originals shop where Shapla is now. Uncle and Auntie of Mrs Mantis but both long gone.
I take it the cars are a bit dark for you 😉

Ah that was a sneaky one :wink: that house will be number 18 which will have a great view of the town.  I have been in the one next door number 20 which was split into 4 flats and now has a house in the grounds.  John Aird who was a solicitor with Anderson Shaw and Gilbert had one of the upstairs ones.

The cars are the first Mercedes A Class and that might be your Citeron Xantia.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...