Scotty

Laid up at the moment so didn't manage to follow this game properly'.   Sounds like we are a class act but I've got to get my dig in!. Why is it that when we play a team off the park the Pundits say we played against a poor side, or an off form side, or a weakened side Why don't the B****** see that we, ICT, make teams look that way because we play so much better than them and they can't cope with us.

Well done the lads      :ictscarf:                                                                          Back to bed now.

Don't give a monkey's what the pundits say - it's good for us to fly under the radar. Let Celtic, Aberdeen and DUFC take it in turns to be the golden boys, and then we'll steal in at the last moment to take the prize! After that performance, we really must believe that there is nobody at all to fear in this league. What's really pleasing is the strength in depth: a couple of key players out  - no problem! And think of those on the bench: Christie, Devine etc! Spare a thought for Liam Polworth - great potential but 2nd or 3rd in the pecking order for midfield. Same could be said of Devine. Smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave...

• Agree 3

My first game at the stadium for well I don't honestly remember

cause 1. I work basically every Saturday and 2. its too expensive  so last night's incentive was brilliant. The  game was absolutely brilliant dominant performance from start to finish extra crowd as well shame it wasn't more than 2. My other half was more than happy with her first ever caley game so all in all brilliant night out :) 

• Agree 2

cause 1. I work basically every Saturday and 2. its too expensive  so last night's incentive was brilliant. The  game was absolutely brilliant dominant performance from start to finish extra crowd as well shame it wasn't more than 2. My other half was more than happy with her first ever caley game so all in all brilliant night out :)

How much did you pay ?

Great to have 4 wins in a row but perhaps a bit disappointed we didn't take the opportunity of exploiting our dominance by improving the goal difference a bit more.  St Johnstone have a few injury problems and were unlucky with injuries during the game but the net result of that was that they were one of the poorest sides I have seen at TCS for a long time.

I guess we all see the game differently but I am surprised by MOTM choices of others.  Whilst I agree that it was a good team performance, the key to the victory was that their attacking options were so effectively snuffed out.  Warren and particularly Meekings were dominant at the back winning crosses and making tackles and interceptions before efficiently offloading.  In front of them Draper was his usual tower of strength.  The stats that St J only had 2 shots at goal bear testament to that.

On the creative front, Doran was the pick of the bunch.  He always looked to get forward and inject some pace and movement into the game.  He worked well with Tremarco and was excellent covering back when Tremarco went forward.  His workrate was superb. The downside was that he didn't have his shooting boots on.  Tremarco was awful for the first 25 minutes but he did brilliantly to set up the 2nd goal and thereafter was much better. 

I note the popular vote for Nick Ross but that view certainly wasn't shared by folk around me when the announcement was made that he was the sponsors MOTM.  Again he had a very tidy game with excellent first touch and short sharp passing (including eye catching back-heels) but he rarely opts for a penetrating pass if a safer short pass is available and he also seems to lack the confidence to shoot. 

With Tansey and Raven out it was very encouraging to be able to bring players of the calibre of Christie and Vincent off the bench.  It shows we have excellent depth in the squad.  It was also good to see young Sutherland get a brief outing.  He looked pretty sharp and was unlucky not to get on the end of a low cross following good work on the left by Tremarco and Doran.

• Agree 1

Laid up at the moment so didn't manage to follow this game properly'. Sounds like we are a class act but I've got to get my dig in!. Why is it that when we play a team off the park the Pundits say we played against a poor side, or an off form side, or a weakened side Why don't the B****** see that we, ICT, make teams look that way because we play so much better than them and they can't cope with us.

Well done the lads :ictscarf: Back to bed now.

Don't give a monkey's what the pundits say - it's good for us to fly under the radar. Let Celtic, Aberdeen and DUFC take it in turns to be the golden boys, and then we'll steal in at the last moment to take the prize! After that performance, we really must believe that there is nobody at all to fear in this league. What's really pleasing is the strength in depth: a couple of key players out - no problem! And think of those on the bench: Christie, Devine etc! Spare a thought for Liam Polworth - great potential but 2nd or 3rd in the pecking order for midfield. Same could be said of Devine. Smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave...

Agreed, who cares what some hack journo thinks?

How much did you pay ?

both payed 10 quid considering I don't earn enough as it is 

• Agree 2

How much did you pay ?

Well done. you paid what you could and a reasonable sum at that. I hope you enjoyed what you saw and that you both are tempted back.

• Agree 1

How much did you pay ?

Nice one , you must try and get back more often to keep your other halfs 100% record intact

Back to last nights game it was a really enjoyable match, the guys got stuck in from the off and sets us up beautifully for the 10p Hamilton match, they must be feeling generous after their bounty for losing their management and possibly netting a potential 2 million for a defender with only half a season left on his contract.

Our match is on Alba on Sunday night so hopefully the fans can step up to the mark and do the team proud on the day.

• Agree 1

Great video and it looks as if it was a good weather night too. Thanks for that.

Tremarco seems like a strong and very determined  player and coming on with determination. Boy, there is confidence and verve in this team ICT and they look hungry.

I love the colours and professional look of the team strip. Now they are looking like an up and coming, top class, well managed outfit.

This team  seems as if it is developing well and is becoming stronger and stronger by the minute. 

I am very glad for John Hughes. This type of performance and attitude vindicates his being hired and also his  style of football.

• Agree 5

I've been a bit naughty and have been looking at what records we could set this season...

Here's a quite extraordinary stat. We're only in January and have played 'just' 22 games of the 38 match program - but, with 14 wins, we've already surpassed the number of wins we achieved (13), when we secured our highest ever league position of 4th! 

Our highest is 16, so another 3 victories in the remaining 16 matches would set a record.

Highest ever points total, fewest goals conceded and best goal-difference are other realistic possibilities.

But we mustn't get ahead of ourselves, so stop it!

• Agree 3

While we are all naughtily getting ahead of ourselves, with last night's results going our way, a win on Saturday will put us eight points clear of the fifth place team giving us a great chance of at least equaling our highest ever league position which may, in itself, be enough for European qualification this season.

• Agree 2

The fact we have a 12 point cushion over six placed St Johnstone is more significant at this stage which could be extended to 15 if they lose the match tomorrow night vs Aberdeen and we win on Saturday.

Anyways on the topic of Tuesday night, a very classy performance from us and I thought guys like Tremarco and Ross were impressive. It will be difficult to predict the team on Saturday but one thing we know is we really do have quality in depth!

Yeah, the squad depth is terrific. I read a preview of the game - can't remember which outlet - stating that Tansey and Raven were suspended but Vincent and Watkins had recovered from knocks, so Inverness 'had a full squad to pick from'. It seems that Richie Foran has been out for so long that, incredibly, he seems to have been forgotten about!

He'll find it hard to get back in the team, admittedly! Any news on his progress or lack of?

Yeah, the squad depth is terrific. I read a preview of the game - can't remember which outlet - stating that Tansey and Raven were suspended but Vincent and Watkins had recovered from knocks, so Inverness 'had a full squad to pick from'. It seems that Richie Foran has been out for so long that, incredibly, he seems to have been forgotten about!

He'll find it hard to get back in the team, admittedly! Any news on his progress or lack of?

Can't see Foran getting back in this team again , he's finished at this level .

If you look closely during 'shoot for the boot', Richie is hiding under the car.

• Agree 1

How much did you pay ?

Well done. you paid what you could and a reasonable sum at that. I hope you enjoyed what you saw and that you both are tempted back.

Im hoping to be back as soon as I can