Disgusting ICT 'fan' behaviour at Hamilton

Murchie

It's a great day when you take your kids to their first football match.  And so it was when I set off with my son and 6 year old grandson to the Accies match.  We lasted 40 minutes before we took the decision (jointly between my son and I) to leave and not to expose my grandson to any more of the most disgusting, foul-mouthed abuse that I have ever heard at a football match. (e.g I'm going to f*****g kill you you f**** c*** and I'm going to f*** your mother you f****** c***).  Constant, hardly a room for breath before the next tirade along the same lines.

I've been going to matches for nearly 50 years and am no shrinking violet or sweetie rustler myself, but I have NEVER heard such a constant vile and foul tirade that was an embarassment to ICT.  I hope you, whoever you are, read this.  Maybe you are not even a regular supporter although you were wearing a Caley Jags scarf. But you are without any doubt the biggest scumbag that I have ever seen at any football match. Do you have kids? ....would you be happy for them to hear what came out of your foul mouth?

It's a real pity there was no stewarding in the away stand (none at all) because you wouldn't have lasted minutes otherwise.  But there was none and you got away with it and I will think twice about going to any more away matches while people like you spoil football for everyone around you, especially kids.  I certainly won't be taking my grandson back and it is all down to one particular foul-mouthed individual. 

You were not the only ones to walk out. At least 2 families near us made the same decision and walked before half time saying they would not be coming back and were going to contact the club. As a grown up with no children at the match it was not a problem to me but I hope these ( there was more than one) big men are so proud of thereselves

Yep, was disgusting language, and totally unnecessary. I remember a group shouting similar to Leigh Griffiths vs Hibs a few years back, and although not swearing, the 'Deano' constant shouting in baby voices at St Mirren (I think) about half a year ago was annoying. All 3 instances have made me want to leave, and I don't blame anyone that did.

it would have been better to sit somewhere else and inform the stewards/police than to walk out and waste the money paid on the entry fee.

The 10p entry fee??

I was workin but if as bad as this sounds I would of taken my 8 year old lad out too

We took the decision it wasn't worth waiting around any longer. I may have spoken to someone of it was just me but wasn't having my son listening to any more, especially after him turning to me to say he wished they would stop.

The abuse from the first post was actually screamed repeatedly at a ball boy, and was clearly heard by him. There was a whole range of different abuse for players (beast, pedos, c**ts, threats to batter, kill, etc...). A steward did come up at one point, stayed for a minute and went away again.

This was more than one person, and I wasn hanging around for more to save 10p.

Certainly something that should be looked at. There are a few who shout abuse at home games and it's pretty cringeworthy stuff. Needs sorted if you want more people to come along.

• Agree 2

We took the decision it wasn't worth waiting around any longer. I may have spoken to someone of it was just me but wasn't having my son listening to any more, especially after him turning to me to say he wished they would stop.

The abuse from the first post was actually screamed repeatedly at a ball boy, and was clearly heard by him. There was a whole range of different abuse for players (beast, pedos, c**ts, threats to batter, kill, etc...). A steward did come up at one point, stayed for a minute and went away again.

This was more than one person, and I wasn hanging around for more to save 10p.

Stewards at all SPFL grounds do that apart from us and county. Look out for it at the next game your at thats if your coming back. Each steward to a set of stairs in the stnad then they walk up them at the same time

That does sound shameful. If anyone knows who they are, I hope they tell the club. Shouting at ball boys is pathetic, and the abuse sounds dire. People are responsible for their actions in football stadiums. just as they are in the street.

Ok. Before we start a mass outrage and everyone jumps on their self righteous horses demanding to name, shame and ban, I think we need to find out exactly who this lad is first.

If it was indeed him then i think he needs to be taken aside and given a word in his ear about his behviour. But to publicly slaughter him is not the answer.

Murchison im sorry your day was spoiled and i hope u do come back. There is a designated family area at TCS which would be perfect for your family, its always harder at away games to seperate families to the more 'boistrous' support sadly.

Ok. Before we start a mass outrage and everyone jumps on their self righteous horses demanding to name, shame and ban, I think we need to find out exactly who this lad is first.

If it was indeed him then i think he needs to be taken aside and given a word in his ear about his behviour. But to publicly slaughter him is not the answer.

Murchison im sorry your day was spoiled and i hope u do come back. There is a designated family area at TCS which would be perfect for your family, its always harder at away games to seperate families to the more 'boistrous' support sadly.

Hang on a minute I don't think we should go accusing anyone here? However you do have a point that on away days everyone young old and in between is together and this is more of an issue? Also more alcohol on away days. Was standing near the lads. Didn't bother me tbh.

The Imrie chants have been going on for years. Not saying I like it but I find it hard to believe that any ICT fan is surprised by them?

I don't think you can say what is described by op as banter. Obviously some people weren't offended but unfortunately some found it completely unacceptable.

On every ticket I've received, and every game I've been to, there's a warning that foul and abusive language won't be tolerated and that it's a family event. It shouldn't have happened, end of.

On a far far smaller scale there was some swearing from back of section F at St Johnstone game which was challenged by others. I've no doubt that this was fuelled by passion and wasn't particularly aggressive or offensive, but it certainly caused some temporary discomfort due to the volume and how it stood out. just not what we are used to hearing I guess!

I know some people are of the belief that you shouldn't take children to a game if you aren't willing to expose them to swearing etc, but the guidance is that foul and abusive language should not occur within the confines of a stadium. very disappointing that this wasn't addressed today and ruined the day for some.

I don't think you can say what is described by op as banter. Obviously some people weren't offended but unfortunately some found it completely unacceptable.

On every ticket I've received, and every game I've been to, there's a warning that foul and abusive language won't be tolerated and that it's a family event. It shouldn't have happened, end of.

On a far far smaller scale there was some swearing from back of section F at St Johnstone game which was challenged by others. I've no doubt that this was fuelled by passion and wasn't particularly aggressive or offensive, but it certainly caused some temporary discomfort due to the volume and how it stood out. just not what we are used to hearing I guess!

I know some people are of the belief that you shouldn't take children to a game if you aren't willing to expose them to swearing etc, but the guidance is that foul and abusive language should not occur within the confines of a stadium. very disappointing that this wasn't addressed today and ruined the day for some.

Is it a family event tho and does it actually say that?

Today was no better no worse than normal Caley away days tbh.

Ive been going to ICT games since I was 5 and ive always heard swearing etc and my grandpa always had me sitting no where near where the main bulk of where the swearing was happening but you cant really escape it. if you take a child to a game you must know that there is going to be a bit of swearing and that. I don't really see the problem with today. the boys were just trying to have a good time. that's what going to the footie is all about. having a good time with your mates and seeing your team win.

• Agree 1

Colourful language from the stands is part and parcel of football. Always has been, always will be. Especially on drunken away days. Not something I tend to partake in myself mind, but I'd always prefer an overly boisterous atmosphere to an overly sterile one. The trouble starts when one or two numpties take it too far. I think the problem could easily be solved with a bit of communication. A bit of 'self policing' among supporters would nip it in the bud. Had someone had a polite word with said numpties, chances are they would have toned it down, if not then bring in the stewards.

• Agree 3