Let's go out of Sneck

That helmet was for the Waffen SS wallahs,.

Most reputed evil and vicious commando type operators in the 2nd world war. It was them who tried to stop the allied invaders at the Normandy landings I think and shot the  captured Brits or Canadians behind the hedgerows. Mind you, it has been said that the Allies  did the same thing to the Gerries that they caught so --------- eeksi-peeksie was it?

Just teasing you IBM....what I was trying to impart is that anyone who can identify some artifact that far back must be, well, .. slightly aged. :laugh:  Against the contrast of  a lass with some class and nary a wrinkle upon her periwinkle like. Hoch. Hoch. :wave:

The memorial to the people of the Highland Clearances in Helmsdale.

Back in the Clearance era, did everyone actually wear sporrans in front of kilts of that style? And is the large figure a man or a woman? It sends out mixed messages.

(PS - I'm perpetually on Over Romanticised Pishwatch!)

Anything went at the Culbokie Inn, especially under Burnside control !!

Back in the Clearance era, did everyone actually wear sporrans in front of kilts of that style? And is the large figure a man or a woman? It sends out mixed messages.

I can't remember that far back if they wore sporrans, the large figure is a man with a chest like that!  Charles you have too much time on your hands now you are retired :lol:

I can't remember that far back if they wore sporrans, the large figure is a man with a chest like that!  Charles you have too much time on your hands now you are retired :lol:

Yes, i did spot that :lol: but with hair like that it also looks like a girl!

Yes, i did spot that :lol: but with hair like that it also looks like a girl!

There were no barbers around in them days!