Let's go out of Sneck

14 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Are they foreign towns ? Too much sherry ?

No sherry IHE!  I corrected my spelling error but now know I was thinking further north...........it is Applecross :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, weeman said:

It's the Youth Hostel between Gairloch and North Erradale as seen from the North (ish) side

It was Carn Dearg back in the days when the SYHA had no competition, but they're marketing it as Gairloch Sands nowadays.

IMG_5008.jpg

On 8/28/2015 at 10:45 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Can't see it fro the road now SP - but have ya ever climbed up these ?

image.jpg

The mannie is on the Five Sisters ridge looking down into Glen Shiel. The Saddle is the Munro left of centre and the jaggy bits on the left skyline are Sgurr na Forcan and the Forcan Ridge. I'll mention Forcan Jaggies before IHE does...

Edited by TheMantis

17 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Round about the Bealach Ratagain. Used to be a fine viewpoint but there’s been a lot of changes in the forestry over the years.

I didn't have to hike up the hills for that one my van was just behind me :smile: the last time I was passing that viewpoint the trees were much bigger!

8 minutes ago, IBM said:

I didn't have to hike up the hills for that one my van was just behind me :smile: the last time I was passing that viewpoint the trees were much bigger!

Aye the bealach is on the road. The Loch Garry viewpoint is hopeless now too, it’s signposted for the tourists to pull in but they need to fell a few trees so they can all get a photo like before.

13 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes the old map of Scotland I am digging out the old ones now :lol: 

Scotland.JPG

I’ve got a Kodachrome slide like that from about 1980. I tried to get the same shot with digital about a year ago but the trees are right up to the road.

We had the grandchildren today so never had time during the day hadn't a clue when I had a quick look on my phone but much easier when on the PC.  Garrafad Pier Staffin, although when you see it from the air there looks a lot more houses than you see when driving along the road.  Caley D you are doing as much travelling as I was doing when I was working :smile: