Let's go out of Sneck

6 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Yes, Oban on the way to Barra. Just discovered this thread, got hundreds of pics, just need to find an area you haven’t been  ?

Well Barra is one of the few places in the Highlands and Islands that I have not been to ................ yet.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, IBM said:

We had the grandchildren today so never had time during the day hadn't a clue when I had a quick look on my phone but much easier when on the PC.  Garrafad Pier Staffin, although when you see it from the air there looks a lot more houses than you see when driving along the road.  Caley D you are doing as much travelling as I was doing when I was working :smile:

I've worked for VisitScotland the past two summers doing mobile/pop-up tourist info.  I basically spend 6 months of the year travelling all over Scotland, visiting interesting places, telling people how great a country we have....AND they pay me for it!!  I've "worked" at 139 unique locations in those two years, plus visited a few more during our down time....so think I'll be up to near 200 places of interest.

Best bit is that I get to drive one of these.....

hamish_glen_etive_skyfall_001.jpg

Sounds like a good job!  I do miss all the travelling since I retired.  Here are some real ones nearer home and a scene from over the hill from the coos.

PICT3325.JPG

PICT3329.JPG

Edited by IBM

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I've worked for VisitScotland the past two summers doing mobile/pop-up tourist info.  I basically spend 6 months of the year travelling all over Scotland, visiting interesting places, telling people how great a country we have....AND they pay me for it!!  I've "worked" at 139 unique locations in those two years, plus visited a few more during our down time....so think I'll be up to near 200 places of interest.

Best bit is that I get to drive one of these.....

hamish_glen_etive_skyfall_001.jpg

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 22.39.39 copy.jpg

?

• Agree 1

On 11/13/2019 at 10:16 PM, TheMantis said:

I can see very little gets past you ?

That's Arkle behind.

You are right Mantis not much got past me, especially on the single track roads :lol: as I sped along stopping to check a few jobs or taking a photo or two on route.

• 2 weeks later...

Some really beautiful pictures. Great and fascinating thread.

I have heard of a U-shaped valley but have never ever seen one  and that picture  was thrilling. I suppose it was ice that shaped it...eh?

And look at that date scratched onto the window of Croich church----1845.  Why, that's only 100 years after the battle of Culloden   Just shows you how time flies and how close we are in our hearts and minds to the past …...:ponder:

On 11/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, IBM said:

The big picture should be easy now :lol:

I think you overestimate us ?

Can give you plenty of islands it isn't ?

I think I would narrow it down to Skye or Mull.

Edit - Got it... Uig.

Edited by TheMantis