Let's go out of Sneck

10 hours ago, IBM said:

You will not find this one on Google like the Monster Midge something to work on with no football on this weekend.  Where is this?

Ruin.JPG

Will need to have a good look at that later then when I get home ? we stayed over in Glasgow for the Indy March. At least yesterday was decent so got some good photos.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:15 PM, IBM said:

It is on the old A9 south of Inverness, in the photo you can see the barrier beside the A9.

It is the ruin of St Drostans Chapel which is on the Old A9 1 mile south of Kincraig.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, weeman said:

The only Island in Loch Ness

I have been on the island found no treasure though!

Here is another photo of the sunken boat.  It was just a wreck and was patched up to be towed through the canal to the Diving School at Fort William where it was to be sunk and used for diving training.  The British Waterways would not allow it to go through the canal as it might sink and block the canal.  It was towed into the side and scuttled!

Cherry Island.jpg

I have it now Boath in Ross-shire with the help from Mantis :smile:  It's many years since I was up there, the last time went in by Ardross heading west to Kildermorie Lodge and and back on the south side of Loch Morie a beautiful part of the country within easy reach of Inverness.  Kildermorie Estate was then owned by a Captain Paul Hignett and the head keeper was an older gent Mr Cameron and his wife made lovely scones! 

17 hours ago, IBM said:

I have it now Boath in Ross-shire with the help from Mantis :smile:  It's many years since I was up there, the last time went in by Ardross heading west to Kildermorie Lodge and and back on the south side of Loch Morie a beautiful part of the country within easy reach of Inverness.  Kildermorie Estate was then owned by a Captain Paul Hignett and the head keeper was an older gent Mr Cameron and his wife made lovely scones! 

You were doing well if that screenshot actually helped...

17 hours ago, IBM said:

Abseiling on the north side of Loch Morie.

File1270.jpg

Is this a talent you’ve been keeping quiet all this time? Haven’t done much of that except a few of the Skye Munros. And one amazing night abseiling off the Buachaille in the snow with headtorches ?

Mind you, if it was you in the shot, I’d expect a decent sized car to be tied on.

5 hours ago, TheMantis said:

You were doing well if that screenshot actually helped...

With your photo it was easier than you think Mantis :lol:

My initial thought was the old Dalroich School Strathrusdale on the north side of the river but after checking it on Google ruled it out so I was in the right area but then I thought Kiltarlity area :slapme:

Is this a talent you’ve been keeping quiet all this time? Haven’t done much of that except a few of the Skye Munros. And one amazing night abseiling off the Buachaille in the snow with headtorches ?

Mind you, if it was you in the shot, I’d expect a decent sized car to be tied on.

That was not me on that occasion I organised the weekend and also had cadets canoeing on the loch.  And there is no way you could get a car up there!

This is what happens if you go down to fast and let go of the rope, check the pants :furtive:

File1271.jpg