Let's go out of Sneck

1 hour ago, buckett said:

I'm thinking Eigg, with Rhum in the background, taken from somewhere on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula.

Could be horribly wrong though!

You'd be horribly right... can't find the exact spot as GSV shows a very hazy day.

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

You'd be horribly right... can't find the exact spot as GSV shows a very hazy day.

Occasionally passed that stretch of water many years ago, in my sea-going days - thought it looked familiar.

Don't remember the sea being that colour though - usually grey with lots of white!

5 hours ago, buckett said:

Occasionally passed that stretch of water many years ago, in my sea-going days - thought it looked familiar.

Don't remember the sea being that colour though - usually grey with lots of white!

Must have been his summer holidays with such a bright day :smile:  I have only been down there a twice and it was wet and windy never even got a photo of Ardnamurchan Lighthouse it was to wild.  

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, IBM said:

Must have been his summer holidays with such a bright day :smile:  I have only been down there a twice and it was wet and windy never even got a photo of Ardnamurchan Lighthouse it was to wild.  

Haha it was actually a May weekend we had at Ariundle. That was the day after the Hibs won the cup. Watched the game in the bar in Acharacle.

Here's Ardnamurchan Pisa lighthouse for you ?

00000358.jpg

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Loch Ericht and Ben Alder from Dalwhinnie?

The white cottage was the shepherds house where my father stayed as a young boy before moving into the village. They always had plenty fish caught using an otterboard 😏