Let's go out of Sneck

10 hours ago, IBM said:

I prefer the ones from Islay myself but I have never had a bad one :wink: 

Here is an easy one for tomorrow.

IMG_9307.JPG

Was supposed to be going to Islay this Friday. I’ve got an old mate in his 80s who used to do all the driving when we went hillwalking so I was treating him to a weekend to pay him back. Rebooked for September so fingers crossed.

So... the sideboard had 2 Laphroaigs, 1 Bowmore, 1 Irish 12y.o, various Isle of Lewis things, some poteen 😂 , 2 Arran. And the bargain of the year... we were in the Faroe Islands last summer and they had a litre of Ardbeg 10 for about €36 which must have been a mistake.

Anyway, I had just finished a Talisker at the weekend and opened a Highland Park so that’s the choice...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBM said:

So would I and there is no road nearby so that would rule me out.

I bet you've driven past it many times. Tommy and Maggie. But I think they've been replaced by another sculpture, they were a bit crumbly.
A93 at Glenshee, right opposite the Ski Centre.

Edited by TheMantis

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I bet you've driven past it many times. Tommy and Maggie. But I think they've been replaced by another sculpture, they were a bit crumbly.
A93 at Glenshee, right opposite the Ski Centre.

Yes I have driven past many times and not noticed them I must have been going too fast!

You have to get up early in the morning to see them 😉

I think they were fibreglass or something. Apparently they were made in 1976 and they had a couple of holes in them. But if you look on the streetview there’s a tubular sculpture there now.

• Funny 1

Talking about Google Street View. I noticed this weird thing when I was searching the other week. When you're round about Loch Ness the wee yellow man turns into a wee green thing. I thought it was a ninja turtle at first but still buggered if I can see what it is. Think it's meant to be Nessie.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Talking about Google Street View. I noticed this weird thing when I was searching the other week. When you're round about Loch Ness the wee yellow man turns into a wee green thing. I thought it was a ninja turtle at first but still buggered if I can see what it is. Think it's meant to be Nessie.

It is Nessie think you have been on the Laphroaig this morning 😏

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Telford kirk?

No, I hadn't heard of that one and can't find it on google maps.

It's in Inverness-shire.

Edited by IBM
more info

19 minutes ago, IBM said:

No, I hadn't heard of that one and can't find it on google maps.

It's in Inverness-shire.

No, I mean the heilans are full of Telford churches and I was asking if that was one 😉

46 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

No, I mean the heilans are full of Telford churches and I was asking if that was one 😉

That I don't know :shrug:no wonder I couldn't find it on google maps :lol:

Drawn a blank on this. If it was in Inverness-shire and was a Telford church I would have found it. There aren't many.
Plenty other kirks though, the place is fair infested with them Captain, as Dougie would tell you 😂

Well done, I was crawling about Loch Alvie just as you posted. I was even out my bed.
I often park at Kincraig Church just along the road as there are Ospreys nearby.

IMG_2911-2.jpg

Edited by TheMantis