Let's go out of Sneck

On 4/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, IBM said:

The blue one is a Skoda Octavia if that's yours.  You wouldn't have owned up to having a Skoda years ago :lol:

No, but I’ve had 3 now 👍
It can average well over 60mpg with a run, and that's a 2L diesel with 142 HP, yet only £20 to tax it. Mind you it's one of the millions that VW illegally tampered with so who knows?

Edited by TheMantis

Melvaig northwest of Gairloch, I have worked out there a few times over twenty years ago and we stayed in the Old Inn Gairloch at good rates when David and Ann Curruthers had it.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, IBM said:

Melvaig northwest of Gairloch, I have worked out there a few times over twenty years ago and we stayed in the Old Inn Gairloch at good rates when David and Ann Curruthers had it.

Well done that man. Especially since it’s up the hill off road. A blustery September day and loads of deer and peat hags up there and very little sign that walkers frequent the place.

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Well done that man. Especially since it’s up the hill off road. A blustery September day and loads of deer and peat hags up there and very little sign that walkers frequent the place.

I have worked up a few of the telephone poles you can see in the photo and there is a BT radio station further north towards the lighthouse that feeds the Western Isles.

Here is another one where is this?

IMG_9175.JPG

15 minutes ago, IBM said:

Must be to hard The Corries sung about it. 

Killiecrankie rite enaff. I was intending to have a go at it later on. I had a quick look around Speyside and decided it was too gentle.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

It’s a toughie. West coast? Salt water probably. Are you on a road?

Yes west coast and salt water I was standing on the bridge where the river runs into the sea.

2 minutes ago, weeman said:

Is it on the Skye road near Dornie ish. The house is across a loch but you can't see a road into it  

No not near Skye it's further south