Let's go out of Sneck

9 hours ago, IBM said:

You are on a roll weeman :lol: here is another.

SC01803067.jpg

I am on a roll and unfortunately old enough to remember this one as well. I'll leave it to see if anyone else recognises it.

30 minutes ago, weeman said:

Sorry IBM, i've jumped in on your post

I just put that in as he has been on so many ferries :smile: now just see if you are right!

11 hours ago, weeman said:

Invermoriston. On the right heading South after the car park on the left

See, that's the problem. I would have turned off for Kyle before that 😂

It was built as an industrial building and was in use as a fish farm the last time I was there.  In the late 60's William Tawse were renovating it at a time when I used to go out in the van with my father in the holidays when he visited sites to repair any machines that broke down and while he was working I went for a wander into the building not knowing the cement on the floor was still wet.  I walked backwards in my footsteps and cleared of pretty quick :furtive:

• Funny 2

Wanted to ask you guys about this photo. The guy next door gives us a calendar every xmas. He's in the Brethren and it's usually a mixture of Scottish and NI scenes. This one says Ullapool but it's obviously not. I thought maybe Shieldaig but it doesn't look right either. Any ideas?

img102.jpg

11 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

So it is. I was looking at Ardmair not long ago for one of the photos on here too 🤡

You will need to try us with the photo for June :lol:

On my last one the Germans tried to bomb it during WW2.

• Funny 1

Ha. You made me go and check. June is Urquhart Castle so even Stevie Wonder would have got it. But no more Highland ones the rest of the year. A mixture of Lowlands, Wales and NI so maybe I should put them up for a guess 😂

9 hours ago, IBM said:

On my last one the Germans tried to bomb it during WW2.

Damn!   For some reason I was thinking of aluminium, and I even looked up pictures of the works at Kinlochleven.

But of course it's Foyers, bombed on 13 Feb 1941 - https://southlochnessheritage.co.uk/local-occurrences-during-ww2-from-police-files/ 

Now here's something a bit different.  Prehistoric remains - but where?  You'll see that the photograph was taken in 2002.  I have seen more recent photographs which suggest to me that the grass is a bit shorter nowadays - though it may just be the time of year.

111855315_003sml.jpg.f6fa16f8b783654f5a0af0fea3b630d8.jpg

• Agree 1