Let's go out of Sneck

35 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Keep going Robert or the transport man will beat you to it.

I have to give up it's one that I can't have been to:shrug:  snorbens and weeman have been to Orkney so they might know.

10 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Keep going Robert or the transport man will beat you to it.

Maybe one of the inter island ferry harbours? Not been to any though so over to the transport man!

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

Maybe one of the inter island ferry harbours? Not been to any though so over to the transport man!

I am sure it's not one of them unless on one of the small islands.  I think Mantis got lost down a dead end road and took a photo 🤣

• Funny 2

26 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Now that I would have known straight away.  Went to the distillery when I was last in Orkney, three years ago.  A very basic shop, but we were still able to spend money :lol:

The photo was in 1999 when we stayed a week at Harbour House as a house swap when the kids were wee. The distillery was shut then. Went back in 2018 and it was very basic as you say. One of the poorest tours I've been on. Also no photography 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

The photo was in 1999 when we stayed a week at Harbour House as a house swap when the kids were wee. The distillery was shut then. Went back in 2018 and it was very basic as you say. One of the poorest tours I've been on. Also no photography 🤷‍♂️

The first of our two visits to Orkney was in 2002.  We went round the Highland Park distillery, and they told us then that some of their staff fired up the Scapa distillery for a few weeks each year, just to keep it in working condition.

Didn't go round the Scapa distillery three years ago - just wanted to see if they had anything unusual in the shop, for a present for a friend.

1 hour ago, weeman said:

IBM will get it from the BT pole out front 

I can't make out the DP number 😏 Will need to have a proper look at both on the PC later not sure of either 

10 hours ago, TheMantis said:

OK then. Mainland Orkney. Harbour House, Scapa. This is the opposite view.

That is one part of Orkney I have not been to.  Good photo of the distillery.