Let's go out of Sneck

37 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

How much of the Highlands did you cover working?

All over the Highlands and Islands.  Oban southwest with the odd trip to Campbeltown.  Dalwhinnie south with the odd trip to Perthshire.  Elgin east with the odd trip as far as Banff.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, IBM said:

All over the Highlands and Islands.  Oban southwest with the odd trip to Campbeltown.  Dalwhinnie south with the odd trip to Perthshire.  Elgin east with the odd trip as far as Banff.  

I just wondered as I avoided putting some pics in, no point in making it impossible 😎 I know not to put the Lowlands in.

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

A few miles away from you. But I cheated.

Aye, it’s about a mile off the A9 on a backroad near Dunning. Bit of an unclear history - thought to have been built early 1800s, but there is no record of a local witch/person called Maggie Wall.

31 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Aye, it’s about a mile off the A9 on a backroad near Dunning. Bit of an unclear history - thought to have been built early 1800s, but there is no record of a local witch/person called Maggie Wall.

A good one Yngwie I like these old stories, if it was on a backroad in the Highlands I might have got it :smile:

35 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Right county.

My initial thought was Ardrishaig but the older houses put me towards Tarbert with all the bhoys for moorings before the pontoons were built.  I will need to sleep on it to see it I have any more thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

Tighnabruach?

I think you have it Robert a place I haven't been to so that's my excuse :wink: we will have to wait for Mantis to finish his dinner now.

39 minutes ago, Robert said:

Tighnabruach?

Spot on

32 minutes ago, IBM said:

I think you have it Robert a place I haven't been to so that's my excuse :wink: we will have to wait for Mantis to finish his dinner now.

Very nice, some sort of beef stew with olives and red wine, mashed tatties.

Only been in that part of Argyll once but a nice village. Hadn’t realised it was the home of Kyles Athletic until we passed their ground. The Waverley was passing when we were there.