Let's go out of Sneck

26 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Can't quite make out the name of the boat, if that's what you are referring to.

Can make out some letters, but they don't make sense to me.  Enhancing with edge detector filters doesn't help.

Only one of its kind that you have seen.   A whaler?

A concrete boat 😜

Ha! A giveaway.

"A concrete barge, the Cretetree is beached in the harbour of the Isle of Scalpay near Tarbert, Harris, Scotland. She was built by Aberdeen Concrete Ships, and completed in 1919."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_ship#Europe

Explains why I couldn't get Portree or Tiree out of the letters that I made out  :lol:

• Funny 1

13 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Ha! A giveaway.

"A concrete barge, the Cretetree is beached in the harbour of the Isle of Scalpay near Tarbert, Harris, Scotland. She was built by Aberdeen Concrete Ships, and completed in 1919."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_ship#Europe

Explains why I couldn't get Portree or Tiree out of the letters that I made out  :lol:

That's it. I think it is still there. 

7 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

It’s got a Caithnessy feel about it, maybe around Dunnet but I haven’t got access to the wee yellow man for a few days 😰

No it's an island I thought you would know :wink:  I didn't take the photo it was sent from a friend.