Let's go out of Sneck

Been to Bute but not to Mount Stuart. Should have been at Mount Stuart this year for a wedding but the pandemic scuppered that. It may go ahead next year, or they may need to have a small wedding. The party was at a small venue but I’m sure it would have been a great, lively, raucous evening. 

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Mount Stuart. Been to Bute a couple o times but never recognised it. Hard work, how did you guys find it?

I hope they did find it and not just kidding :lol:  I thought you would have got that one no bother.

I was on a day trip on the Waverley which was great and it didn't bump the pier :ohmy:  A work colleague of my daughter's gave us a quick tour round the island as we had just over an hour.

Here is another taken on route.IMG_8649.JPG

11 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Take copy of image. Bang into Google.  Result  :thumbup:

10 hours ago, weeman said:

Ditto

Aye that’s what I did but it’s the first time it’s ever worked 😜
So it was a last resort, spent a while looking before that.

Edited by TheMantis

11 hours ago, IBM said:

I hope they did find it and not just kidding :lol:  I thought you would have got that one no bother.

I was on a day trip on the Waverley which was great and it didn't bump the pier :ohmy:  A work colleague of my daughter's gave us a quick tour round the island as we had just over an hour.

Here is another taken on route.IMG_8649.JPG

I had a sail in 2016, Greenock to Loch Long and back.
This summer I managed to catch her going under the Erskine Bridge and then nipped along to Greenock. She was just back after £3m boiler refit, so I  only had a choice of 2 Saturdays so I chose the first one, nice and sunny, then the next week she hit the pier.

82A8B1AE-D98B-4CF6-937F-AF73D0A30CF4.jpeg42EB4C58-7D0F-413E-B35F-17B495D26A9C.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

My wife believes that she was conceived when her parents took a trip "doon the watter". 

She hastens to add that this was a weekend, and not a day trip :lol: 

I think it would be one of life’s great challenges getting some privacy aboard that boat 

My first trip "Doon the water" was in 2012 a beautiful sunny day Glasgow, Greenock, Helensburgh, Dunoon to Rothsay and return.  A great trip on a fantastic old steamer, fantastic watching the engines working!  I had a second trip in 2017 on a wet day from Kyle, Portree, Gairloch to Loch Torridon and return.  The photos below are after my first trip there was then a Booze Cruse in the evening.

IMG_8798.JPG

IMG_8820.JPG

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, IBM said:

My first trip "Doon the water" was in 2012 a beautiful sunny day Glasgow, Greenock, Helensburgh, Dunoon to Rothsay and return.  A great trip on a fantastic old steamer, fantastic watching the engines working!  I had a second trip in 2017 on a wet day from Kyle, Portree, Gairloch to Loch Torridon and return.  The photos below are after my first trip there was then a Booze Cruse in the evening.

IMG_8798.JPG

"Ministry of Truth" showing well there.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought was between Bunchrew and Lentran.  No.

Second thought was SE of Bonar Bridge, just beside where the Struie road meets the coastal road.  Nope.

Third thought - and bear with me because it's a very long time since I've been there - was Montrose.  Don't be stupeed, mun!

So that's three places that it isn't :lol:

31 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

My first thought was between Bunchrew and Lentran.  No.

Second thought was SE of Bonar Bridge, just beside where the Struie road meets the coastal road.  Nope.

Third thought - and bear with me because it's a very long time since I've been there - was Montrose.  Don't be stupeed, mun!

So that's three places that it isn't :lol:

Your near with your first one but you won't see it on street view 

6 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Got you now!  You're in the Merkinch Nature Reserve again, and that railway bridge is just to the east of where the line crosses the canal.

Yes I have been there a lot recently, my wife is looking for the kingfisher that has been spotted numerous times but we have yet to see it!  It was great to see the snow on the hills and a bright sunny day but it's been raining ever since.  Here is a one of North Kessock with a snow covered Ben Wyvis from the Merkinch.

IMG_8180.JPG

9 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes I have been there a lot recently, my wife is looking for the kingfisher that has been spotted numerous times but we have yet to see it!  It was great to see the snow on the hills and a bright sunny day but it's been raining ever since.  Here is a one of North Kessock with a snow covered Ben Wyvis from the Merkinch.

IMG_8180.JPG

Great shot. If you view it full size you can see @tm4tj playing darts.

• Funny 1