Let's go out of Sneck

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, IBM said:

Yes that was it before the restoration was done :smile:

It is the restored Kirkmichael Church at Poyntzfield and as weeman said worth a visit.  It is open daily but the door might need a bit of a push to open it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Sea is on the right as you look north to Scotland so that must be the Berwickshire Coastal Path, just north of Berwick. I think that is the most northerly point of England.

I think you are on the right track Yngwie.

3 hours ago, IBM said:

I thought snorbens might have got it. 

Now there's a challenge!  Took me a while, though.  I guess you remembered that I was looking along the Dava Way trail when I was trying to identify what turned out to be Killiecranckie viaduct.

It is Edinkillie Church and viaduct, from the A940 between Forres and Grantown.

Wikipedia says that the viaduct is used as the symbol for the Dava Way, but it doesn't look like it from their website - https://davaway.org.uk/

church.jpg.89b3e7142d08d921257b1308a3c1bcc6.jpg

• Agree 1

It was the boat Tom Maclean I think his name is was going to cross the Atlantic in. He had a job getting sponsored and it might have broken down. I am sure he was talking about another attempt a few years ago. Looks like Scrabster but might be down the east coast as I think it was built there. 

5 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Not sure if by "east coast" you mean the same as me - and that could be a clue :lol:   Have another go!

I am stuck with this one although I think that I have seen it before.  Someone else help :smile:

10 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Now there's a challenge!  Took me a while, though.  I guess you remembered that I was looking along the Dava Way trail when I was trying to identify what turned out to be Killiecranckie viaduct.

It is Edinkillie Church and viaduct, from the A940 between Forres and Grantown.

Wikipedia says that the viaduct is used as the symbol for the Dava Way, but it doesn't look like it from their website - https://davaway.org.uk/

The picture in the website is the viaduct an aerial view from the other side and the large house I presume is the old manse the garden gate is marked private garden.  Here is the viaduct.

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9653.JPG

15 hours ago, IBM said:

I am stuck with this one although I think that I have seen it before.  Someone else help :smile:

Doesn't look as though anyone else is helping.   It's Burghead, where "Moby", constructed in Forres, was launched.  Not sure I'd call that "east coast", but then again others might.

I checked, and Burghead harbour still looks like that nowadays.

BBC news article from 16 June about McLean - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-57482669

8 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Doesn't look as though anyone else is helping.   It's Burghead, where "Moby", constructed in Forres, was launched.  Not sure I'd call that "east coast", but then again others might.

I checked, and Burghead harbour still looks like that nowadays.

BBC news article from 16 June about McLean - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-57482669

I think it was a case of others not knowing just like me :lol:  That's what I call the east coast but I thought it was further along the coast.  I have been there a couple of times.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:15 PM, Robert said:

An easy one, but which part?

3876051B-ED71-4667-A012-1456262F61CE.jpeg

On 9/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

Doesn't look as though anyone else is helping.  

Sorry guys, thought the thread was deid 😜

P1030695.jpg