Let's go out of Sneck

25 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

No point asking me, I draw a blank every time and the parking is getting impossible 🤬

The last time I was there sitting in the car having an ice cream the council van arrived and there was suddenly a rush of people out of their cars to the parking ticket machine :lol:

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, IBM said:

It's a Wades bridge and there are many in the highlands but I think that is Sluggans Bridge over the River Dulnain.

There seems to be more trees there now but it's about 40 years since I was there last :smile: 

20 hours ago, IBM said:

There seems to be more trees there now but it's about 40 years since I was there last :smile: 

I'm heading up the A9 next Friday so I'll count the trees for you 😉

Edit - I remembered I had a book somewhere so I raked it out. "Highland Bridges" by Gillian Nelson. She says it's not a Wade bridge although it's on the line of his road and has probably been rebuilt and patched several times. One story is that it was rebuilt after the floods of 1829; another story is that it was abandoned between 1798 - 1813 when the road was realigned. I'm hoping to get a photo of the old bridge at Carrbridge in autumn conditions next week so I might squeeze in a look here.

Edited by TheMantis

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, IBM said:

That's from the Cuillin Hills Hotel looking across Loch Portree :smile: hope you had a nice time!

It’s a very nice hotel. First time at it for a function which (fortunately as it turned out!) meant I missed Saturday’s game.

That said, I bought hospitality tickets for Friday evening’s game in the charity auction……

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

It’s a very nice hotel. First time at it for a function which (fortunately as it turned out!) meant I missed Saturday’s game.

That said, I bought hospitality tickets for Friday evening’s game in the charity auction……

You were better at the Cuillin Hills Hotel than at the game on Saturday 😜 I hope we are better tomorrow and Friday night!

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, IBM said:

That's from the Cuillin Hills Hotel looking across Loch Portree :smile: hope you had a nice time!

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Nice hotel, stayed there a few years ago with Mrs Mantis for New Year. Just checked and it was Jan 2013 😱 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:11 PM, TheMantis said:

I'm heading up the A9 next Friday so I'll count the trees for you 😉

Edit - I remembered I had a book somewhere so I raked it out. "Highland Bridges" by Gillian Nelson. She says it's not a Wade bridge although it's on the line of his road and has probably been rebuilt and patched several times. One story is that it was rebuilt after the floods of 1829; another story is that it was abandoned between 1798 - 1813 when the road was realigned. I'm hoping to get a photo of the old bridge at Carrbridge in autumn conditions next week so I might squeeze in a look here.

Just remembered. Carrbridge photo, very nice weather driving up. Lewis weather was horrible for 4 days and had to come home early as my mother took ill and passed away.

R5__4030-Pano-Edit.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Just remembered. Carrbridge photo, very nice weather driving up. Lewis weather was horrible for 4 days and had to come home early as my mother took ill and passed away.

R5__4030-Pano-Edit.jpg

I like the photo but sad about your mother :sad:

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...