Let's go out of Sneck

21 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Looks like Shenavall bothy. Is this your own pic? In which case well done on getting there. 
I was there in April 1988 and I regret that I'll never make it back now. My knees were like jelly carrying about 40lbs in.

dia_0172-1 (dragged).jpg

Here's 3 of us after a 12 1/2 hour day out on 4 Munros. Jim in the middle is 85 this year and Ian on the right died from cancer about 20 years ago.

shenavall.jpg

Yes, It's Shenavall, I was there on Wednesday. Great day out. A few more photos attached. Third one shows that no one has tidied up since 1988  :-)) 

Shen 1.jpg

Shen 2.jpg

Shen 3.jpg

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, weeman said:

Yes, It's Shenavall, I was there on Wednesday. Great day out. A few more photos attached. Third one shows that no one has tidied up since 1988  :-)) 

Shen 1.jpg

Shen 2.jpg

Shen 3.jpg

Great stuff. It was the descent in the first shot that made my knees rubbery after about a 3 hour trek in...

9 hours ago, weeman said:

I've not been to the castle but I've been walking nearby earlier this year.

At least earlier this year rules out on the way to Shenval Bothy 😜

I was through east last week and came back by Speyside and said to my wife we should have a day out at Aberlour and visit Ballandalloch Castle and Gardens as we have not been there before and that's it :smile:

On 6/28/2022 at 9:36 PM, IBM said:

I was through east last week and came back by Speyside and said to my wife we should have a day out at Aberlour and visit Ballandalloch Castle and Gardens as we have not been there before and that's it :smile:

It is indeed.  I had never been there either, until the start of this month.  I'll bet you now have plenty of pictures of flowers - we have!

And IIRC, they said that the first whisky for sale from the estate distillery was scheduled to be next year.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, IBM said:

On the way to see this which I think has been on before if not it's a bonus!

IMG_4744.JPG

Was there in April but not sure if it’s been posted before.

11 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Took just a few seconds to find the rock, but haven't found the house yet. 

Coffee, hmmm...   let's look for a place called Blue Mountain :lol:

Aha, gotcha!  Putting "lavender" into the search terms was the key.  The Walled Garden at Gordon Castle, Fochabers.

And the Bow Fiddle Rock at Portknockie.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Agree 1

That is easy in colour Portree :smile: I thought of Portree yesterday but then had my doubts and then forgot about it.  There have been a few recently from there.  What a difference a good clear photo makes.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Neist Point on the north west of Skye which is busy with tourists all summer.  You picked a good time to go there, I am sure you found a good pub after your walk. 

In case weeman is thinking I have been away hiking it was my daughter that sent me the photo, I have only been as far as the road goes :lol: