Let's go out of Sneck

12 hours ago, IBM said:

In case weeman is thinking I have been away hiking it was my daughter that sent me the photo, I have only been as far as the road goes :lol:  

If you'd been out hiking, I'd be bringing you grapes.

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Is this a castle which I see before me?

Sorry, probably about the only bit of Shakespeare I ever picked up 🤮

That's more Shakespeare than I know :smile:

Cawdor Castle which was a nice place to visit and very close to home as weeman said, I think I was there over 40 years ago!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Got it now...

weeman is away hiking throughout the highlands taking photos and here we are sitting at home on the computer working out where he was :lol:

15 hours ago, weeman said:

Maybe just one for Mantis.

SG.JPG

First pic - Cairngorm granite going by the pillow shaped rocks. By the movie I reckon you're looking over Loch Einich to Braeriach, so you must be on Sgor Gaoith in Glen Feshie... glorious day you had, not even much wind.

16 hours ago, TheMantis said:

First pic - Cairngorm granite going by the pillow shaped rocks. By the movie I reckon you're looking over Loch Einich to Braeriach, so you must be on Sgor Gaoith in Glen Feshie... glorious day you had, not even much wind.

Yes, that's it, well done. It was my second attempt as earlier in the year the mist came down about two thirds of the way up and we gave up. In contrast this time the weather was if anything too hot. Great views all round and well worth the effort.

weeman sent me a message before he went to bed before his expedition tomorrow and he said it was an easy hike up to the one on the second photo so I am sure Mantis has been there.  I was just enjoying the gardens an the scenery :smile:

6 hours ago, IBM said:

weeman sent me a message before he went to bed before his expedition tomorrow and he said it was an easy hike up to the one on the second photo so I am sure Mantis has been there.  I was just enjoying the gardens an the scenery :smile:

Don't think the word easy was mentioned :walking:

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, IBM said:

There's nobody on the planet less interested in gardens than me sorry 😂
But it's Little Loch Broom looking over at Beinn Ghobhlach. In the other photo it's Sail Mhor the big lump of a hill.
So it's near Badcaul. Anybody been in to Scoraig?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

There's nobody on the planet less interested in gardens than me sorry 😂
But it's Little Loch Broom looking over at Beinn Ghobhlach. In the other photo it's Sail Mhor the big lump of a hill.
So it's near Badcaul. Anybody been in to Scoraig?

Spot on :smile: it's No2 Durnamuck just west of Badcal.  I nearly went to Scoraig once but my workmate drew the short straw :lol: when their phones were out of action you drove your yellow BT van down to the pier at Badlurach and stood on the pier waving until someone over on scoraig waved back and then the guy came over in the boat and picked you up and you had to take your bass with all the gear you needed :amazed:

The gardens were beautiful they even had apples and pears growing in the orchard but the tea and home baking were even better.  A photo of Scoraig from the pier.

IMG_7013.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG