Let's go out of Sneck

Easy one for me!  Fort Augustus from the Battery Rock, the old junior secondary school on the right, The Riggs on the left where I stayed after moving in from Ardachy, Grants garage with the red roof and you can see the old railway pillars on the right in front of the canal.

The rear of Drumossie Hotel?

I see where you're coming from, but it's actually the relatively new, Castle Stuart golf club, on the coast between Inverness and the airport.

Yes, I think that is Castle Stuart G C.

It reminds me of a house from my childhood, on Culduthel Road, way past Burn Road and Lodge Road.   This house was owned by one of the many Italian shop/cafe owners we had in Sneck (Frankie Rizza?,  possibly).  He named it 'Over and above', not for its imposing position on high ground, but because, during its development, every time he talked to the builder the price went up, with the builder saying "over and above there's this to pay for" and "over and above there's that to pay for" etc.

Funny what sticks in ones memory!

C M in B --- :lol:

My new house, supposedly finished over two years ago, took a year to fix the 80 defects I found after the alleged completion.

Most of the builders here in the West are of East Indian origin. The price will not go up- but you must check everything  with a fine-tooth comb. Barely a single door in the house was hung right and locks were put in backwards or falling out; toilet roll holders falling off and many more faults.  One lock was cemented in a huge hole in the garage side-door with putty and  the repair was laughable and I had to  insist on a new door. The Fan in the canopy above one of the kitchen stoves was the wrong size so that the draft blew downward instead of up. This builder alleged he could not find a replacement fan in the entire city but I found it for him in one day--he had put a fan with a 6 inch outlet pipe into a 5 inch vent pipe when the building code stated the latter should be 6 inches.

I also warned him that the thin plastic toilet seat was not fitting properly on the outer toilet rims in the master bedroom bathroom and it (and another one) would soon break if not replaced. He did nothing and sure enough one broke whilst I was reading the local paper and I got stuck in the seat like a clam in his shell. :cry: He claimed his supplier did not have the heavy one I demanded and so I went out right away and found two in our township and sent the bill to him. I am still waiting for his refund of the cost of the Polysporin anti-septic ointment for the  broken plastic that nipped my erse.....

O.K. -  I am just waiting for IHE to  find something germane to the issue...

Chentlemen of the Chury, this is not called the Wild West for nuffink. No sirree!:wave: 

• Agree 2

IHE We use canoes in the Wild West not lovely wee vessels like that one. Looks a little like the East Coast Fishing boats  who risk life and limb every day going out looking for huge crab, or herring or sardines.  But they are , well, a lot larger . 

That wee brown vessel wouldn't get much further than Drumnadrochit I don't think with 100,000 lbs of herring on board. Lovely picture though. Keep 'em coming John, your a lovely big man, so you are.:wave:

• 3 weeks later...