Let's go out of Sneck

That looks like Ailsa Craig and if it is I have no idea where you took the photo from, the more photos you are putting up the more confused I get :shrug:

😂

It’s Holy Island off Lamlash in Arran. The first shot is near Whiting Bay where it doesn’t look like an island. Second is from Lamlash. Third is in the garden at the Buddhist retreat, the island is run by Samye Ling. Fourth is up on the Arran ridge.

28 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

You should have said 😂

Loch Watten 👍

P1030285.jpg

Tyndrum :smile:  My auntie still lives there in one of the semi detached houses at the bottom center of your photo.  She also worked in the Green Wellie Shop for many years before retiring and was in charge of the whisky section and has a good knowledge of the drink.  My three cousins also worked there when they were younger.  There are old lead mines somewhere up the hill where you took the photo we used to play when we were boys!  There was also deer used to come down into the wood above the railway which my uncle would spot from his chair in the front room so they were never hungry :wink:

• Agree 1

I was much too late looking at this one: one of the few I’d have got. As a native of Fort William I have passed through Tyndrum more times than I care to think of, albeit rarely in recent years. 

I have to admit that I’ve never stopped at the Green Wellie. Sorry IBM. 

Edited by Robert
Wellie, not Willie! Lol.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

I was much too late looking at this one: one of the few I’d have got. As a native of Fort William I have passed through Tyndrum more times than I care to think of, albeit rarely in recent years. 

I have to admit that I’ve never stopped at the Green Willie. Sorry IBM. 

When I traveled to Glasgow I would usually return via Tyndrum although the Loch Lomond part of the journey was bad when the weather was fine driving through Glencoe was fantastic!

Here is another one.

PICT2326.JPG

6 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Spent far too long on this 😳

It's around Plockton/Applecross I think but can't find the spot so I give up  🤷‍♂️

The first one is looking north from the Loch Carron Viewpoint on the A890 to north Stromeferry and the second is looking west from Strome Castle so you were in the right area :smile:

Ah right I see now. I've stopped at that viewpoint a few times and I have a photo looking east to Lochcarron. Never been to Strome though.

You can't get into the viewpoint on GSV, you have to go along the road a bit to see your view. They have stitched it badly on GSV as the big white house appears double. Don't know about anybody else, but GSV has been a bit hit or miss for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes just doesn't load.

24 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Ah right I see now. I've stopped at that viewpoint a few times and I have a photo looking east to Lochcarron. Never been to Strome though.

You can't get into the viewpoint on GSV, you have to go along the road a bit to see your view. They have stitched it badly on GSV as the big white house appears double. Don't know about anybody else, but GSV has been a bit hit or miss for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes just doesn't load.

I thought you would have got it from the second one.  This will be like the one you have but might not be so good.

PICT2327.JPG